A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

Kahper, the Plague of the Sands

Veragoot

Post by Veragoot on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 pm

A few things I want to say up front about Kahper:

-Kahper is a meant as a strong DoT Mage, much in the same vein as Swain. Like Swain, his ult emphasizes being able to dish out a lot of damage in the fray, but unlike Swain's ult, it has no health sustain. This is a tradeoff for a higher damage output and emphasizing a build that has survivability rather than just raw damage.
    -Kahper is also meant to have strong zone control, but with a tradeoff of a weaker single target burst.
    -Kahper is pronounced like copper. SO SAY IT RIGHT IN YOUR HEAD!
    -Kahper's theme comes from the Egyptian God Khepri, a deity associated with beetles. Though technically worshipped as a solar deity, I am using his association with the dung beetle as a poison/disease thing.

Lore:

In the faraway home of Nasus and Renekton, the war between gods still rages. Each day, the dark gods assault the people they once protected. Each day, they leave death and decay in their wake, as they constantly fight against the new Keeper of the Library and her forces. Neither a tyrant nor a saint, Kahper sits aside, watching. Amidst the chaos and slaughter of the battlefield, he can hold his own if he must, dealing out death and disease to all who stand against him. His true power, however, rises after the violence fades. With his maw drooling, he devours the corpses of the fallen and the bodies of the dying, bones and all. As they slowly decay within the putrid acid of his stomach, he draws his strength from their slow degradation. He is known as the Walking Plague in his homeworld, a carrion crow not worth the trouble of hunting down. That was where the gods erred. For with each new battleground littered with dead, he grew stronger and despoiled more and more of the desert sands.

After a time, however, the gods took notice of Kahper and his vile work. The desert sands had begun to take on a sinister green hue, and illness struck any who tried to cross the afflicted sands. The oases dotting the harsh terrain became loathsome even to behold and their trees bore stinking and rotten fruit. With both good and evil at the mercy of this foul plague, the determined a temporary truce in order to deal a mortal blow to Kahper and cut short his sickening work. As the two pantheons marched on Kahper's foul home, many died and even more had to turn back from illness, but in the end Kahper was reached and engaged by Thoatah, Nasus' replacement as Keeper of the Library. A deadly duel began, with no clear victor in sight. Thoatah used everything he knew against this putrid foe, but in the end Kahper proved victorious with a vicious strike that brought Thoatah to his knees. As Kahper opened his ghastly mouth to finish his enemy, however, he was torn from his dimension and deposited in the Fyrone Flats of Runeterra. As Kahper took in his surroundings, he realized that this was not the endless desert he had known all his life. It was a whole new world. A fresh new world, ripe with life to consume and decay. Kahper smiled as he set out in search of death. The Plague of the Sands had come.

"As long as he doesn't stand in the way of me cutting down my brother we'll have no quarrel!"-Renekton on Kahper

"Kahper should be eliminated here and now while we can, lest he bring down upon us a malevolent sea of pestilence and death."-Nasus on Kahper

Base Stats:
    Damage 49 (+3 / per level)
    Health 385 (+80 / per level)
    Mana 240 (+50 / per level)
    Move Speed 335
    Armor 12 (+3 / per level)
    Magic Res 30 (+0 / per level)
    Health Regen 6.75 (+0.60 / per level)
    Mana Regen 6.8 (+0.65 / per level)
    Attack Range: 525

Abilities:

Note that for Q, W and E's extra effects, the enemy must have below 30% health upon the INITIAL contact with the ability before damage is applied. This means that an ability's damage can't proc the extra effect, even if it drops them below 30%. If you're reading this linearly, you'll have no idea what I mean, but just keep this in mind as you read ahead.

Passive: Spirit of Pestilence

• Kahper's steps cause the very ground beneath him to wither. As Kahper moves, he leaves a trail of toxic terrain behind him for 4 seconds, slowing enemies by 5/10/12% and locking cooldowns at their current time.
    • Both effects are applied as long as the enemy stays on the terrain.

Q: Swarm the Weak
    Mana Cost: 20/35/50/60/65
    CD: 9/8/7/6/5
    Range: 800

• Kahper sends out a swarm of beetles to plague an enemy champion for 3 seconds, dealing 30/40/60/65/70 (+0.2 AP) magic damage per second and decreasing crowd control reduction by 15% for the duration.
    • If the target is below 30% health, reduces the target's magic resist by 15 for the duration as well.

W: Befoul the Air
    Mana Cost: 50/70/90/100/120
    CD: 10/9/8/7/6
    Range: 500
    -Works like Viktor's death beam, except instead of a straight line, the summoner can effectively "draw" his own line.
    -This would be limited by a set maximum length.

• Kahper breathes out a line of pestilent gas.
    • The gas deals 40/60/80/90/100 (+ 0.5 AP) magic damage to anyone hit by the initial cast, and dealing an additional 60/80/90/100/120 (+ 0.5 AP) over 3 seconds to anyone who passes through the line, when they LEAVE the gas.
    • Enemies inside the gas take 60/80/90/100/120 (+0.2 AP) per second they remain in the gas.
    • If the enemy or enemies hit have below 30% health, blinds them (Graves style, not Teemo style) while they remain in the gas.

E: Spoil the Dirt
    Mana Cost: 40/60/80/90/110
    CD: 11/10/9/8/7
    Range: 100-500 (based on channel duration)
    -Channeled Ability

• Kahper channels pestilent energies into the ground for 4 seconds, initially covering a small radius around Kahper but increasing its width as he continues channeling.
    • Champions caught within the radius for take 100/120/130/150/175 (+ 0.6 AP) magic damage per second and minions take 1/4 as much damage. Kahper can reactivate this ability to end the channel early.
    • If any enemy caught in the radius has below 30% health, the ability also roots them for 3 seconds.

R: Aspect of Disease (quite a few effects to explain so bear with me on this)
    Mana Cost: 150/200/275
    CD: 150/130/100
    -Kahper harnesses his mastery of disease and poison to transform into a monstrous plague beast.
    -Kahper ignores unit collision while transformed.
    -All bonus effects caused by Aspect of Disease end when the ultimate finishes its duration.

• For 5/6/7 seconds, Kahper deals 100/120/175 (+ 1 AP) magic damage per second to enemiess around him and converts this damage to bonus mana for the duration of the ultimate.
    • Additionally, Kahper's Pestilent Trail doubles its width and deals 30/50/75 points of magic damage per second while enemies stand on it, in addition to its normal effects.
    • Finally, Swarm the Weak will cause enemies to leave behind a Pestilent Trail for its duration, in addition to it's normal effects.

Quotes:

Kahper speaks with a raspy and chilling voice reeking of bile and refuse.

Selection: Something wicked this way comes...
    Movement:

• Forward unto decay...
    • Step by putrid step..hehehe
    • I'll savor every inch I pollute..

Attacking:

• I'll feast on their bones until there's nothing left but a bloody pile of compost...
    • Inflicting affliction...
    • Their veins will overflow with rot...
    • They shall feed my power....

Taunts:

• I will tear your beating heart out of your chest and devour it before your very eyes....
    • Before we're through, you'll know what it means to feel death itself choke the life from your lungs....

Jokes:

• You really need to get down with the sickness...hehehe
    • I just ate...how's my breath?

Laugh:
    Menacing, raspy laughter

Special:

• Killing/Assisting Kill On Nasus- The standards for Keeper of the Library must be low these days...
    • Killing/Assisting Kill On Renekton- The angriest pile of refuse I've ever seen...hahaha...
    • Killing/Assisting Kill On Twitch- Plague Rat? You're barely even a sniffle...

On Death: Glows green, then explodes in a swirl of gas and a burst of beetles fly away out of the explosion.

Dance: Does a loop of the beginning move for the music video of Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (when they say, do the jitterbug..get it? it's punny...)

Appearance:

I drew a picture (poorly) of what Kahper might look like.

Artist Statement:

Hey guys, Veragoot here. You guys might know me from my design of Wight the Wyvern Lord a while back for Sty's champion concept contest. Well I'm back from the brink with another attempt at a fully fleshed out champion concept. I realized how it's been forever since Riot has tapped into the lore surrounding Nasus and Renekton's homeworld, and I wanted to make a champion that extended that Egyptian deity feeling. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this champion concept. Even if you didn't, leave a review anyway! I love constructive criticism as much as I do praise!

Last edited by Veragoot on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 7 times in total
    ElementSteel

Re: Kahper, the Plague of the Sands

Post by ElementSteel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Veragoot wrote:
    Passive: Spirit of Pestilence

• Kahper's steps cause the very ground beneath him to wither. As Kahper moves, he leaves a trail of toxic terrain behind him for 4 seconds, slowing enemies by 10/15/20% and dealing 10/15/20 points of mana burn per second to champions.
    • Both effects are applied as long as the enemy stays on the terrain.
    Ok, So...that's a bit of an AoE slow I feel, especially for one that's up all the time essentially. And wait, mana burn? That can't happen. Sustainability is vital and taking that away just makes a fight one-sided and unfun. I'd recommend just making it a poison that deals damage if you want it to do a sort of DoT. I don't mind the passive, just seems a lil' on the strong side.

Q: Swarm the Weak
    Mana Cost: 20/35/50/60/65
    CD: 7/6/5/4/3

• Kahper sends out a swarm of beetles to plague an enemy champion for 3 seconds, dealing 30/40/60/65/70 (+0.2 AP) magic damage per second and decreasing crowd control reduction by 15% for the duration.
    • If the target is below 30% health, reduces the target's magic resist by 15 for the duration as well.
    Hmm...anti-tenacity. I can dig it. It's good damage for a DoT, not too low, not too high. I can also appreciate the MR reduction when they're low. Now that I look at the CD though...maybe another 2 seconds on each rank, I'd say. 3 at max feels way too fast for this.

W: Befoul the Air
    Mana Cost: 50/70/90/100/120
    CD: 9/8/7/6/5

• Kahper breathes out a line of pestilent gas (works like Viktor's death beam, except instead of a straight line, the summoner can effectively "draw" his own line. This would be limited by a set maximum length).
    • The gas deals 40/60/80/90/100 (+ 0.5 AP) magic damage to anyone hit by the initial cast, and dealing an additional 60/80/90/100/120 (+ 0.2 AP) over 3 seconds to anyone who passes through the line.
    • If the enemy or enemies hit have below 30% health, slows them for 15% for the duration and blinds them (Graves style, not Teemo style) while they remain in the gas.
    I like drawing abilities, allows for creative trapping and zoning. The damage seems fine, but over 3 seconds? That'd just be 180 per second at max rank with 300 AP. I think you could up the ratio a lil' bit for the over time part, or make it per second like in Swarm the Weak. My other issue is both slow and darkness? That's just Graves' Smokescreen, only bigger and more controlled. I'd say keep the darkness effect and ditch the slow, since we have enough of those already. Also, CD needs to be up'ed.

E: Spoil the Dirt
    Mana Cost: 40/60/80/90/110
    CD: 10/9/8/7/6
    -Channeled Ability

• Kahper channels pestilent energies into the ground, initially covering a small radius around Kahper but increasing its width as he continues channeling.
    • Champions caught within the radius after 3 seconds take 80/100/120/130/150 (+ 0.4 AP) magic damage over 4 seconds. Kahper can reactivate this ability to end the channel early.
    • If any enemy caught in the radius has below 30% health, the ability also roots them for 3 seconds.
    Once more, CD is low... Hmm...kinda like Cassiopeia's Miasma? I like it. They have to remain in it for 3 seconds though? And the over time DoT again? The snare might help with the 3 second delay of working, but I'd rather that it at least be 1.5 seconds that they're in it. It also does much less damage than Befoul the Air. I'd like to see the ratio go up for this.

R: Aspect of Disease (quite a few effects to explain so bear with me on this)
    Mana Cost: 150/200/275
    CD: 150/130/100
    -Kahper harnesses his mastery of disease and poison to transform into a monstrous plague beast.
    -Kahper ignores unit collision while transformed.
    -All bonus effects caused by Aspect of Disease end when the ultimate finishes its duration.

• For 5/6/7 seconds, Kahper deals 100/120/175 (+ 0.7 AP) magic damage per second to enemiess around him and converts this damage to bonus mana.
    • Additionally, Kahper's Pestilent Trail doubles its width and deals 50/75/100 damage per second while enemies stand on it, in addition to its normal effects.
    • Finally, Swarm the Weak will cause enemies to leave behind a Pestilent Trail for its duration, in addition to it's normal effects.
    NURGLE URGLE URGLE! ...Excuse me, sorry about that. *Cough* Anyway, unit collision ignored can be a good thing, so that works. The damage works here, I have no issue with that now. Bonus mana though? Is that permanent? Hmm...not sure what to do about the damage that Pestilent Trail does here, since I've already given my criticism of it. I do like that bonus effect for Swarm the Weak, although it does make me say that it does need that CD increase even more now.

I'd like to see some lore for this guy, he seems pretty interesting. Good job for the most part on making a DoT mage.
    Veragoot

Post by Veragoot on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks for the review!! I modified all the areas you touched on and even added in lore and a (poorly) hand drawn picture of him!

Very Happy
    ElementSteel

Post by ElementSteel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Hmm...lore's alright. Makes him sound overpowerered as balls, but it's alright. I don't mind that he would just exist. What I don't like is Renekton's quote. From what I understand about everyone's favorite crocodile is that he is solely focused on Nasus and cares not for anything BUT Nasus' destruction. That and the two would never agree on something. Just change the quote is all. >.>;;

Also: Image doesn't seem to work.
    Veragoot

Post by Veragoot on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:30 pm

I was afraid of image problems. I'll fix it posthaste.

Also the only reason Kahper was able to defeat so much of the gods was simply because they had been too focused on fighting the other to care about a little bug that went around cleaning up the battlefield. It would be like hunting down vultures because they poop. Kahper's poop just happens to be a bit more harmful in very large doses. When the armies came to slaughter him, the environment was more and more corrupted as they got closer to where he resided and had more and more powerful affect on them. Thoatah was able to withstand the poison using ancient power he learned from Nasus while apprenticing underneath him to become Keeper (PS yes, Thoatah may be coming later). As for Thoatah's defeat, Kahper grew more powerful from consuming so much death and so became strong enough to defeat any of the army's soldiers in a duel.

Quotes are fixed.
    ElementSteel

Post by ElementSteel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Ok! Image works now. Eh...beetle-y enough I guess.

And I see. Alright, outlasting them sounds good then. It works. Smile
    Veragoot

Post by Veragoot on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 am

Like I said it was a very bad drawing haha
    Void22

Post by Void22 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Such a lovely concept. I must say that there are disappointingly few Dot mages in the league.

The passive is an excellent ability. However, I would change the mana burn into damage.

The Q is a solid, if not particularly noteworthy, bread and butter ability.

I love the W. Vector abilities are so very fun to use, and the blind suits it perfectly. This would certainly wreck a Cait's day.

The E is an interesting ability. Very useful as well. Yes...this would definately stop low health xins from ripping you apart.

The R is a bit troubling. I have the feeling that this guy would be rather fragile and wouldn't really get the ability to employ the aura much. Might just be me.

All in all, a very entertaining and well done champ. Congratulations. Also, could you take a look at my champion, Moros, The Aspect of Doom, and tell me what you think of him? Thanks.

Last edited by Void22 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Veragoot

Post by Veragoot on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm

I meant to fix that mana burn here. Oops. I'll update that now.

As for his ult, the idea behind it is making the summoner try to balance survivability with damage, rather than just stack up into a glass cannon like every other AP caster (Aside from Vlad).

As to your champ, sure thing! I'll look him over when I get the chance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 pm