Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

5 posters

10vs10 map idea.

Kassadin
    Kassadin

10vs10 map idea. Empty 10vs10 map idea.

Post by Kassadin Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:02 pm

I got this idea off of world of warcraft's alterac valley battleground, which is basically a full scale 40v40 map.

My idea is make a similar style for LoL. purple team base at the top, blue at the bottom. 2 lanes running along the side, with a big open battlefield type area in the center with points you can capture to grant buffs to your team.

Not buffs like the TT alters where its affected by number, I mean something
    along the lines of "capture point A, gain a specific buff". I can draw up a map for this when I have the time, probably later today or this weekend.

Would love feedback on this idea. Since LoL has no real full scale war map styles. only 3v3 which is small, and SR which is medium scale fights. We need a massive 10v10 map!
    Icraig33
    Icraig33
    Admin

10vs10 map idea. Empty Re: 10vs10 map idea.

Post by Icraig33 Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:11 pm

I definitely like the sound of a 10v10 map (i'm the kinda guy who loves mass-scale battles), but it does sound like it could be hard to balance with a really big snowballing potential
    ploki122
    ploki122

Post by ploki122 Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:16 am

I honestly think the 2 biggest downfall of a 10v10 map are
    1. Clarity (try aiming at a Katarina ulting in a 5v5, now try it again with 10 more champions in the way), and
    2. Hardware limitations... It is hard on a GPU to be animating all those sprites...

As for balance/snowball, that's a piece of cake... you can have 1 fine-tuned global aura and both are fixed.
    Void22
    Void22

Post by Void22 Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:52 am

I share Ploki's concern about hardware. A 10v10 map would be, rough to say the least. Also, the idea behind the map is very...crude, I suppose. There is very little place for subtlety or strategy in this map. It seems more pile-in-the-middle-and-hope-you-can-kill-them-all-first kind of thing, which, to be honest, doesn't sound very fun. A 10v10 map would have to be large and extensive, with plenty of room for ganks, backdooring and strategy, in order to be fun. I think it might help if you look into the concept of the magma chamber. That seems more like 10v10 map. Just my thoughts.
    Icraig33
    Icraig33
    Admin

Post by Icraig33 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:44 am

ploki122 wrote:
    As for balance/snowball, that's a piece of cake... you can have 1 fine-tuned global aura and both are fixed.

that's kinda debatable, as it hasn't made CS or TT balanced to SR-levels. They help, sure, but I don't think an aura is enough on it's own to balance the map
    ploki122
    ploki122

Post by ploki122 Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 am

Well, to be fair, CS' problem is MUCH bigger... The fact that nothing is similar to SR makes it a real hell to balance.

As for TT, I haven't played much so I'm not sure about the problems/causes, but I'm certain some tweaks can be made to balance it more. Something like + flat hp/level, -bonus hp% would tone the bruisers down a bit for one thing. If the mages are weak, you can probably add some %pen aura (so it won't affect squishies as much as tanks).
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:06 pm

As for balancing, there's also an idea I have. There could be an aura on the map that prevents players from passing a given level at earlier stages of the game. Starting off maybe at... You can't go higher than level 8 until fifteen minutes in. Then every five minutes or so (for placeholder's sake) in you can go one or two more levels higher. The problem with this idea though is some champs excel at low level fights (E.G Shaco) and the game mode would be more dependent on gold to power up your champs.
    ploki122
    ploki122

Post by ploki122 Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 am

Well, no matter how silly it could seems, that idea would actually work quite well imo.

Basically, in a 10v10, the class that's the most troublesome/dangerous is mages. And thus, mages must be kept in check, making bruisers excellent choices. With so many bruisers and mages, ADCs most probably won't feel really appreciated on that map.

Now if you give a level cap (could even be a level difference, as in you can't be more than 1 level higher than the highest on the other team, or more than 3/4 level higher than your lowest), it forces fast leveling champions AKA solo laners AKA early traders AKA mages/bruisers to be kept a little bit in check. Now, if solo laners are restrained xp-wise, what will happen? more "duo" (read as 2+) lanes. And what does an ADC lov0 the most? A soraka, Leona, ADC bot lane, obviously (or any other complementing duos like Blitz-Zilean, Nautilus-Thresh, Taric-Leona, Taric-Soraka, Lulu-Sona).

So basically, with only 1 restriction, you prevented ADC from being overly outleveled, you promoted roaming (if you can't gain xp, might as well gain kills), you made the map more ADC/support-firendly, and you force the end-game to come later, but inevitably, making everyone happy.

Of course, if you use the difference between highest-lowest, you need to have global xp or a system to prevent one from zoning itself with a strong early team (Lelanc, Wukong, Shaco, Pantheon, Nidalee, Lulu, Graves, Miss Fortune, with a Zilean/Janna/Twisted Fate sitting at base...)
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 am

You mean like Dominion with the global xp gain, right? I noted that it's basically impossible to fall xp-wise. You're constantly gaining levels even if you die a lot.

That's the gist of your idea, right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm