Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

2 posters

Tired of Existence? Moros, The Aspect of Doom

Void22
    Void22

Tired of Existence? Moros, The Aspect of Doom Empty Tired of Existence? Moros, The Aspect of Doom

Post by Void22 Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:10 am

This guy is an AP caster with some serious sustained damage. He's going to have DoTs and he's going to have a lot of them. He will have no burst potential, but over an extended period of time he will slowly but surely wreak havoc on the enemy team. So, without further ado, here is Moros, The Aspect of Doom.

Appearance: Moros appears as a figure in a black robe. His hands are tucked inside the opposite sleeves, and nothing is visible besides the robe, not even his feet. His walk is really more of a glide. His only feature is a pair of red eyes, burning deep within the depths of the robe. His is enshrouded in an aura of darkness and dust.

Voice: Moros voice brings death to mind. It is a quiet, rasping voice that has a feeling of utter finality to it. It also sounds slightly resigned.

Lore:All things come to an end eventually. That is the natural cycle. Life and death, creation and destruction. Even mountains and seas face their end, the former slowly being eroded away, the later sinking and evaporating bit by bit. Yet there are always those who believe otherwise. When the Summoners at the League bound champions to the Nexus through their summoning, they gave them eternal life and in doing tampered with forces beyond their control. A being, ancient beyond measure, perceived their disruption of the balance. This being was the primordial personification of doom, the slow but inexorable force that eventually brings everything to their ultimate end, that has existed since the first thing came into being. Yet what these summoners were doing threatened to disrupt the balance between beginnings and endings and thus, Doom decided to...rectify the situation. He sent an aspect of himself to Runeterra to ensure that everything came to its end as its destiny required. The name of the aspect was Moros. The grass beneath his feet withered, the stones cracked, and the very air seemed to die in his presence. In a voice like the death rattle of a dying man, he demanded entry to the League. Not daring to refuse him, his request was granted. The doom of the League was sealed.

Abilities:As I stated above, this guy is going to be DoT heavy in the extreme.

Passive: Ruination: If Moros is killed, he does not die immediately, but has five seconds to teleport to a nearby enemy causing them to take 10 (+7 per level,+.05ap) magic damage per second for 5 seconds. The range of his passive is equal to that of of his Q.

Q: Dissolution: Moros brings the forces of annihilation down upon his target, dealing 50/110/170/230/290 (+.8ap) magic damage over 6 seconds. This ability also leaves the target weakened during and for 1 second after the duration, causing Corrosion to reduce the targets armor and magic resist by an additional 10 while they remain within the field and causing Atrophy to cause the target to deal 10% less damage from basic attacks over its duration. 12/11/10/9/8 second cooldown. Will have a range a little greater then Malzahar's Malefic Visions.

W: Corrosion: Moros erodes a target area, dealing 30/80/130/180/230 (+.6ap) magic damage over 5 seconds and reducing the armor and magic resist of all targets within the area by 10/20/30/40/50 for the duration. The debuff lasts for 2 seconds upon leaving the area. 13/12/11/10/9 second cooldown. Will have the range and area of Cho'gath's Rupture.

E: Atrophy: Moros fires a skill-shot that causes the first enemy champion hit target to decay, dealing 60/100/140/180/220 (+.6ap) damage over 4 seconds and reducing his targets movement and attack speed by 15/20/25/30/35% for the duration. 12/11/10/9/8 Has the range of Ezreal's Mystic Shot.

R: Doom: Moros dooms his target, dealing 15/30/45 (+.1ap) magic damage a second for 10 seconds and causing his target to take 5/10/15% increased damage(not including damage from this ability), have 5/10/15% reduced movement speed, 5/10/15% reduced attack speed, and 5/10/15% reduced armor and magic resist for the duration. This ability is unaffected by tenacity. 120/110/100 second cooldown. Will have a range equal to his Q.

Quotes:

Selection: "I shall be their end."

Movement: "Spread the decay."
    "Doom comes."
    "I am inexorable."
    "The end approaches."

Attacking: "You will wither before me."
    "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."
    "Prepare for your end."

Ult: "Your end is now."
    "The end has come."
    "Your doom is nigh."

Taunt: "Planets crumble before me. What hope have you?"
    "Come and face your end."
    "Why run? I will reach you eventually."

Joke: "Don't mention taxes. I'm still working on them."

Laugh: A quiet chuckle that sounds like the wind rushing through bones combined with the scrape of steel on stone.

Death: He crumbles into dust.

Dance: He will turn to dust several times and reappear each time in different positions of a waltz.

Image: He would be in a black robe with absolutely nothing of him exposed. One can just make out a pair of red eyes within the hood. He moves in a slow gliding walk. An aura of dust and darkness surounds him.

Last edited by Void22 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:22 pm; edited 11 times in total
    Veragoot
    Veragoot

Tired of Existence? Moros, The Aspect of Doom Empty Re: Tired of Existence? Moros, The Aspect of Doom

Post by Veragoot Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Thematic Critique:

With a name like Entropy, I'm left expecting some sort of randomness to happen. Perhaps a name change? Something like Unravel or Decay maybe.

So sounds very Grim Reaper-y, solid theme, albeit a tad cliche in my opinion.

Seems to take a lot of theme from Karthus, could be problematic. Repetition of theme is only good to a certain point. Too much and it gets boring.

I don't get the taxes joke, sorry, went right over my head.

Having nothing exposed at all with only a black robe to watch doesn't make for interesting splash art.

Also curious about his weapon of choice, if any?

Quotes are fantastic.

Mechanics Critique:

Passive- So it sounds like it'll do some heavy damage, but given the price you pay for it (death), I think it's okay.

Q- Damage seems balanced for its cooldown. Good synergy with other two abilities.

W- Solid teamfight ability. This will make him a nightmare for tanks and bruisers.

E- I'd say this is OP, but the damage is appropriately low, and the cooldown appropriately high. Nice job balancing an skillshot with the OP range of mystic shot combined with ignoring minion collision.

R- Seems kind of boring to be truthful. Just feels like a stronger version of Swain's torment and Zed's ult put together. Damage output is fine and all, but it just feels like it's lacking some kind of league-centric flair.
    Void22
    Void22

Tired of Existence? Moros, The Aspect of Doom Empty Re: Tired of Existence? Moros, The Aspect of Doom

Post by Void22 Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:33 am

Veragoot wrote:Thematic Critique:

With a name like Entropy, I'm left expecting some sort of randomness to happen. Perhaps a name change? Something like Unravel or Decay maybe.

So sounds very Grim Reaper-y, solid theme, albeit a tad cliche in my opinion.

Seems to take a lot of theme from Karthus, could be problematic. Repetition of theme is only good to a certain point. Too much and it gets boring.

I don't get the taxes joke, sorry, went right over my head.

Having nothing exposed at all with only a black robe to watch doesn't make for interesting splash art.

Also curious about his weapon of choice, if any?

Quotes are fantastic.

Mechanics Critique:

Passive- So it sounds like it'll do some heavy damage, but given the price you pay for it (death), I think it's okay.

Q- Damage seems balanced for its cooldown. Good synergy with other two abilities.

W- Solid teamfight ability. This will make him a nightmare for tanks and bruisers.

E- I'd say this is OP, but the damage is appropriately low, and the cooldown appropriately high. Nice job balancing an skillshot with the OP range of mystic shot combined with ignoring minion collision.

R- Seems kind of boring to be truthful. Just feels like a stronger version of Swain's torment and Zed's ult put together. Damage output is fine and all, but it just feels like it's lacking some kind of league-centric flair.

First of all, thanks a lot for the review. I've left Moros alone for too long and its great to get some good critique.

I'll try and find a more suitable name for the Q.

I don't really get how he and Karthus share a theme. They are opposites. Karthus wants to grant undead immortality to all while Moros is here to ensure that everyone ends at their proper time.

There is a phrase which says that everything ends except for death and taxes. The joke is based off of that.

As for his image I wanted something which suggested ends and nothingness. If you have a better image for that then by all means let me know.

As of know his only weapon is his magic.

I'm glad you like the quotes.

For the R, I thought that is suited his lore and role. If you have any other suggestions I would be more then happy to hear them.
    Veragoot
    Veragoot

Post by Veragoot Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 pm

The whole flowing robe glidy deathdealer thing just brought karthus to mind prominently.

For the whole interesting splash art, it could be as little as allowing flashes of his eyes to be seen here and there or silhouettes of his hands as he attacks/use abilities. But making a champion that is effectively just a robe, it's just not going to be aesthetically satisfying to anybody. I guess you could get creative with his in-game particle effects,having him give off an aura of ashes or something as if the very air around him is dying. Maybe a kind of breath animation. If you can't show what he looks like (since he looks like nothing), then you should show what he does explicitly in his animations. Otherwise people will just have a unappealing time playing him. People play champs for two reasons I've found, 1) if they are OP champs, or 2) if they have cool splash art/animations. Since you don't want to make an OP champ, you should aim for making a champ that has aesthetic appeal. I don't know about you, but I really wouldn't be too thrilled to be playing as a robe in league of legends.

Doom definitely suits the lore well, but it just feels lacking in versatility. Most of the better ultimates do a couple things besides damage output that make it interesting and flexible. I mean, a raw damage ult isn't unheard of (Veigar) but most add some kind of extra effect that enhances it's usefulness based on skill rather than how much AP you've stacked. For example, Malz deals a suppression with his ult additionally, giving it the added versatility of being able to stop someone dead in their tracks and make them easy prey for your team, Swain's ult is a sustainability ultimate, allowing you to kite enemies while you blast them with your spells, Cass has a wide AoE stun/slow, Brand's ult bounces and applies a debuff that synergizes with his skills, and all of these ults are in addition to damage. An ultimate should be a champion's Ace in the Hole (Cait pun aside) so to speak. It should be a huge game changer, and nowadays a raw damage ultimate just doesn't change games that much, it just solidifies a strong lead. I can see you tried to add in that versatility with the 7% damage taken as additional damage, but it just doesn't do it for me. It could mark a target to focus, sure, but other than that, it's strategic potential seems a little flat. Just my personal opinion.
    Void22
    Void22

Post by Void22 Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Veragoot wrote:The whole flowing robe glidy deathdealer thing just brought karthus to mind prominently.

For the whole interesting splash art, it could be as little as allowing flashes of his eyes to be seen here and there or silhouettes of his hands as he attacks/use abilities. But making a champion that is effectively just a robe, it's just not going to be aesthetically satisfying to anybody. I guess you could get creative with his in-game particle effects,having him give off an aura of ashes or something as if the very air around him is dying. Maybe a kind of breath animation. If you can't show what he looks like (since he looks like nothing), then you should show what he does explicitly in his animations. Otherwise people will just have a unappealing time playing him. People play champs for two reasons I've found, 1) if they are OP champs, or 2) if they have cool splash art/animations. Since you don't want to make an OP champ, you should aim for making a champ that has aesthetic appeal. I don't know about you, but I really wouldn't be too thrilled to be playing as a robe in league of legends.

Doom definitely suits the lore well, but it just feels lacking in versatility. Most of the better ultimates do a couple things besides damage output that make it interesting and flexible. I mean, a raw damage ult isn't unheard of (Veigar) but most add some kind of extra effect that enhances it's usefulness based on skill rather than how much AP you've stacked. For example, Malz deals a suppression with his ult additionally, giving it the added versatility of being able to stop someone dead in their tracks and make them easy prey for your team, Swain's ult is a sustainability ultimate, allowing you to kite enemies while you blast them with your spells, Cass has a wide AoE stun/slow, Brand's ult bounces and applies a debuff that synergizes with his skills, and all of these ults are in addition to damage. An ultimate should be a champion's Ace in the Hole (Cait pun aside) so to speak. It should be a huge game changer, and nowadays a raw damage ultimate just doesn't change games that much, it just solidifies a strong lead. I can see you tried to add in that versatility with the 7% damage taken as additional damage, but it just doesn't do it for me. It could mark a target to focus, sure, but other than that, it's strategic potential seems a little flat. Just my personal opinion.

I see..yes, that could certainly work. I'll add an aura of darkness or some such thing. Maybe a pair of red eyes.

As for the ult, what if I caused it to increase the duration of CC and/or DoTs? Do you think that it might be too OP?

Veragoot
    Veragoot

Post by Veragoot Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Well let's see. Moros is a slow but certain deathdealer, the end of all things. More importantly, he doesn't flat out kill you right on the spot, but he appropriates your doom over time, preferring to slowly guide fools to their end. So, you could reflect this in the ult, by causing different status effects to happen for the duration to represent the crippling over time that Moros deals in addition to the damage (which you'd have to reduce for this). For example, you could start with just damage, then the next second lower armor as well as deal damage representing the crippling of the body, then the next second continue the damage but add lower magic resist representing crippling of the soul, and so on and so on. All of these effects would last for the whole duration, so obviously you'd have to shorten the duration a little and modify the damage to represent the added effects as well as reduced duration. But in this way, you keep the kind of utterly ruin one person's day feel I got from what you wanted for the ultimate, while increasing it's helpfulness to tactics. Again, these effects I've named are merely placeholders, you could really put in any kind of effects you could think of that make sense. Deal a small AoE burst at the end of duration? Sure why not. Cause an aura of doom that demoralizes nearby enemies? Go for it! The armor/magic resist debuff was just something to get your creativity going on this.

Remember this champ is your baby, and you want your baby to win the Baby Booty Miss America Beauty Pageant. Making a functional champ with abilities that make sense and are balanced is only half the battle. The other half is exciting your audience.
    Void22
    Void22

Post by Void22 Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Veragoot wrote:Well let's see. Moros is a slow but certain deathdealer, the end of all things. More importantly, he doesn't flat out kill you right on the spot, but he appropriates your doom over time, preferring to slowly guide fools to their end. So, you could reflect this in the ult, by causing different status effects to happen for the duration to represent the crippling over time that Moros deals in addition to the damage (which you'd have to reduce for this). For example, you could start with just damage, then the next second lower armor as well as deal damage representing the crippling of the body, then the next second continue the damage but add lower magic resist representing crippling of the soul, and so on and so on. All of these effects would last for the whole duration, so obviously you'd have to shorten the duration a little and modify the damage to represent the added effects as well as reduced duration. But in this way, you keep the kind of utterly ruin one person's day feel I got from what you wanted for the ultimate, while increasing it's helpfulness to tactics. Again, these effects I've named are merely placeholders, you could really put in any kind of effects you could think of that make sense. Deal a small AoE burst at the end of duration? Sure why not. Cause an aura of doom that demoralizes nearby enemies? Go for it! The armor/magic resist debuff was just something to get your creativity going on this.

Remember this champ is your baby, and you want your baby to win the Baby Booty Miss America Beauty Pageant. Making a functional champ with abilities that make sense and are balanced is only half the battle. The other half is exciting your audience.

Hmm. An interesting idea. I'll play around with it and see if it leads any where. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am