Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

2 posters

Feallin, The Runesage

Kassadin
    Kassadin

Feallin, The Runesage Empty Feallin, The Runesage

Post by Kassadin Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Feallin, The Runesage
    -----------------------------

Appearance: Blue robe with white markings on it, White hood arcing with energy, Grey and blue cape.

Lore: Feallin was a simple mage in training at the academy for magic arts, Always with a thirst for more knowledge, His only goal was to master all the secrets of the arcane. After he learned all he could from classes at the academy, he took a side trip into the hidden rooms deep in the library. Where all the books on the strongest magic was.

Feallin spent several days down there studying these secrets. After his imense stuyding of forbiden magics, He still craved more knowledge. Knowing there was nothing left at the academy, He mysteriously vanished for several years.

Nobody knows where or what Feallin had done during his absence. When he returned to the public eye, His eyes were glowing blue with forbiden magic. With all this power in hand, he knew what must be done. Reveal it to the world and show them the emense power of the arcane arts.

Base Stats:
    Health: 435 (+85 per level)
    Mana: 550 (+65 per level)
    AD: 38 (+2.4 per level)
    AP: 55 (+4 per level)
    Armor: 10 (+3 per level)
    MR: 30 (+1 per level)
    Range: 550
    Move Speed: 325

Abilities:

Passive: Arcane Armor: Every time Faellin is struck by an enemy spell or attack, he instantly restores 5 mana. increases by 3 per level.

Casting a spell will grant Faellin a magic rune based on the spell cast. Each rune modifies Arcane Flux based on the combination of runes he has. Upon reaching 3 runes, Faellin instantly restores 4% of his maximum mana

-------------

Q: Flare Bomb: Faellin conjures a sphere of flame at a target location, after a brief delay the spere will detonate dealing 45 / 65 / 85 / 105 / 125 (75% AP) magic damage to enemies in the blast. 50% increased damage if Faellin has 3 fire runes active.

Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 mana, Cooldown: 8 seconds.

-------------

W: Glacial Bolt: Fires off a freezing bolt of ice at an enemy, dealing 30 / 50 / 80 / 110 / 130 (60% AP) and slowing the target by 30% for 2 seconds, Increases Faellin's movement speed by 30% for 2 seconds if 3 frost runes are active.

Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana, Cooldown: 7 seconds.

-------------

E: Energy Barage: Fires off a blast of arcane energy at a target, dealing 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (70% AP) magic damage, Marking the target with arcane energy, If one of Feallin's other spells damage the marked target, They will take 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 (50% AP) bonus magic damage. If 3 arcane runes are active, the mark will jump to another nearby enemy after being triggered.

Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 mana, Cooldown: 7 seconds

-------------

R: Arcane Flux: Instantly deals 100 / 200 / 300 (80% AP) magic damage to an enemy champion, bonus effects are modified based on the 3 runes he has active.

Fire: 20% damage over time per rune
    Frost: .8 second immobilize per rune
    Arcane: Additional 80 magic damage per rune

Cost: 100 mana, Cooldown: 60 / 50 / 40 seconds.
    Meherok
    Meherok

Feallin, The Runesage Empty Re: Feallin, The Runesage

Post by Meherok Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:11 pm

I like the idea. I've had a similar one that I've been meaning to do based off of the theme of runes. (Actually, more than one, but I digress.) Runes have always been a fascinating thing to me, as I'm a huge fan of Norse mythology, and runes play such a huge part in their lore. On to the feedbackz!

Stats
    Health: Bit high for a mage. You generally don't want a true mage to be starting with over 500 health, as it tends to make them too tanky for their capacity to blow things up.

Mana: Way too high of base mana. There's only 2 champions who even start with mana over 300, and the highest mana is only 305. The scaling per level is fine, but the base direly needs some downscaling.

AD: You're gonna need to bump this up some more or his last-hit capacity is going to be zilch. Lowest AD is 42.2, and that still has a 3.25 per level scaling. It might not be as consequential on a mage late game, but it's enough to make a noticable difference.

AP: Bad idea to give starting AP/Per Level. AP is meant to be built to increase the strength of your abilities on a drastic scale. Giving starting AP, especially that much, is going to be way too powerful. Even with full AP Runes and Masteries, (48.19 AP,) every other mage would still have to at least buy a Doran's Ring to get as much as you start out with, and wouldn't get any per level. 72 extra AP is a lot of AP to just get free, besides. Adding your starting AP to that for a flat 127 extra AP? Far too powerful for any character. Even if it were a good idea to break the rule of no starting AP, that's going too far. This aspect shouldn't be there, it's just that simple.

Armor: I'd personally say give him a little more armor, as it's pretty low-end, but it really depends on the range of his abilities. If he's got good range, you'd probably be fine leaving it there, as it wouldn't be the first champ to tread with low armor.

MR: So far, only melee characters receive Magic Resist per level, so it'd probably be wise the scrap the scaling.

Abilities
    Passive
    I'm personally against his passive's mana restore effect. It punishes the enemy way too much for something they have to do. Having hitting someone sustain them is just counter-intuitive. Not to mention, 5(+3per level) mana would be a really, really large amount of sustain later on. 59 mana every time someone hits you at late game? You'd be gaining mana back faster than you could possibly spend it in fights.

Also, it's not mentioned as to if the mana is restored from just champions hitting or anything hitting him. Because if anything attacking him restores mana, that's just flat out OP sustain. Get a minion on you and you gain back all your mana for negligable damage.

As far as the rune part goes, my only question would be how do they get consumed, if they even do?  I'm assuming you just ult and it removes the currently active ones? If they don't get consumed, that's a bit problematic, because then you just cast 3 spells and you have all your bonus effect permanently and never get the 4% mana restore again. Just needs to be specified how these things work exactly. Also, if you cast another spell when you already have 3 runes, does it remove the oldest rune and place a new one in, or does it just stay the same?

Q
    Looks pretty good. I would say the damage is a bit too low for the mana cost/cooldown, but since it receives additional damage from runes and his E, it would probably be fine. Might still wanna reduce the mana a little, as it's probably not getting enough out of it for it to be quite that high of cost.

W
    Ok, the base damage on this one really is quite too low. Even with the proc from your E's extra damage, it wouldn't be enough to make up for the fact that your Q then wouldn't receive any bonus damage. The total output of the kit is just too low if you keep the damage that small on the W. Other than that, looks good. I would ask if this is a skill shot or an instant acquisition skill though. I'm assuming the latter from the wording, but it's good to clarify.

E
    Damage is a bit low on this skill as well, since it'll have a bit of a hard time proccing its own extra damage. I'd suggest a slight damage buff here at all ranks. Maybe even make this one a larger nuke and increase its cooldown so he has a bit more burst capacity in his kit rather than just a bunch of low damage pot-shot skills. But that's just my opinion on that, it's subject to your preference.

I do really like the marking effect, as there just isn't enough marks on this game that make people proactive to go after them. It gives good incentive to be like "Oh, ok, that guy has the mark, so I should be beating him up first." Helps coordinate things and because it's an extra damage bonus it synergizes really well with your other skills and really emphasizes the want to just burn that target down once they're marked.

Again, one more suggestion to help with the low end damage on this character is to make the mark not just disappear after one shot. You'd probably be better off making it last for a few seconds and all skills that successfully hit within that duration deal the extra damage. It'd really help bring his damage into viable levels, because it's too low right now. Speaking of duration though, the last thing I want to mention is that you should put down how long the mark lasts on a target if it doesn't get triggered.

R
    Fun skill, makes the rest of the kit feel much more close-knit. 3 things though.

1: Should specify over what duration the 20% extra damage is dealt from Fire runes.

2: Both Arcane and Fire pretty much do the same thing, but the damage output from Arcane is gonna be significantly higher than Fire early game, but Fire is going to be insanely stronger late game than Arcane. Unless it's a really, really long DoT, (which is a bad idea to have,) it'll probably have higher burst than Arcane will in just the first tick. Not only is having both effects deal damage just redundant, they block the other out at different points in the game. I would suggest changing Arcane's runes to do something besides damage, as Fire scales better throughout the game and doesn't become obsolete.

3: Cooldown is probably a bit too low for something with that much damage potential. At late game with full Fire runes, we're looking at something with just short of Syndra's R's damage, which is a lot. Hers is on a 100/90/80 cooldown timer. Being able to get that kind of output that often is gonna be a bit too much, especially early game. I would say increase the cooldown so that it's a bit more clutch and less spammability. The main problem with the overall kit is that he has too much damage potential placed in the ult, and given such a low cooldown, but doesn't have any other damage to rely on elsewhere. So he'll pop is ult, but after that won't be capable of much in the fight. But the spammability of the ult in laning phase just makes it too easy to abuse its low cooldown to just toss out constantly whenever it's up and outlane the enemy that way.

Summary
    Fun champ, like the concept. Just think it needs some tinkering to make it more consistent and less repetitive. Hope this helps to some extent, and despite pointing out what I consider flaws, I really do like the foundation you have it built on.
    Kassadin
    Kassadin

Post by Kassadin Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 am

Work is coming together nicely, redoing his numbers and ranges to be like Ryze a bit more, (short range late game nuker).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm