Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

3 posters

Morgothri - The Immortal Curse

Meherok
    Meherok

Morgothri - The Immortal Curse Empty Morgothri - The Immortal Curse

Post by Meherok Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Overview
    Morgothri is an AP DPS with a heavy emphasis on DoT's. I've always loved DoT-based characters in games, as I feel they give players incentive to be methodical and patient, rather than just being able to jump in and blow things up. I wanted to make a character that would be fast paced, but focus around timing and spell management. The idea was kind of to place something between Swain and Cassiopeia; Capable of harassing, but with a very aggressive nature in teamfights. I've been tinkering with him for quite some time now, and feel he's developed enough to be postable. Please give your thoughts and concerns.

Lore
    Morgothri was originally a Noxian mage, obsessed with cheating death. He had lead countless expeditions to their failure in search of immortality, but his most recent failure had proved fruitful. Within the runes of a sunken temple, he discovered an ancient mosaic that spoke of well called the Eternium Spring, located in a distant land. After much deliberation, Morgothri determined the distant land to be referring to the now desolate Shadow Isles. Against the better judgment of his peers, Morgothri began to plot his next expedition, straight into the heart of the Shadow Isles themselves.

Weathering wind and wave alike, he reached the misty shores of the Isles. It wasn't long before the wicked air of the place had driven his crew into insanity. Refusing to leave himself, Morgothri's crew mutinied, abandoning him alone on the Isles with nothing but the clothes on his back and the map that was to lead him to the Eternium Spring. He wandered for days before he collapsed from exhaustion, ready to give in to the very thing he sought so hard to defeat. As he began to close his eyes, a voice called from the mists, and he looked to see a ghostly woman, beckoning to him. Mustering all his strength, he hoisted himself from off the ground and began to follow her as she strode off into the distance.

After what felt like hours, he finally came to the ruins of what looked like a once glorious city; Great monoliths and statues still standing. The woman lead him to the courtyard of an ancient monestary, and in the center, a great pool of water with vines creeping from its depths. He staggered over to the edge of the still water, crashing down beside the ghostly figure, and hurridly lapped up the water before he could stop himself. It was only after had he realized the fault of his ways.

While refreshing at first, a burning began in the pit of his stomach, quickly consuming his entire body as though his insides were being eaten away, leaving him writhing on the stone steps of the pool. Images began to flash in his mind, telling the tale of the Shadow Isles, and all things sinister lying therein. The womans voice filled his ears; "Restless are the dead, forced to serve. The Shadow of War lurks, an army of jailed souls at his heel. Feel the plight of those damned to follow, for immortality has its price. Condemned to it too shall you be, until the warring dead find their peace. A boon to thee..."

With the fading of her voice, barbed chains crept out from the depths of the dark waters, sinking into Morgothri's skin as a shadowy fire danced over his body, searing runes in his flesh that burned like embers. The blood that poored from his wounds became like billowing shadow. The water began to rise rapidly, as if coming to silently consume him. Reaching for a vine, he attempted to pull himself away, but it simply withered to dust in his hand before he was swallowed up by the pool.

He became submerged in the black of the water, plagued ceaselessly by the pain and images; Unable to breath, yet never drowning. In time, he tempered himself against the affliction that burned within him, learning to tolerate it until it became a like horrid numbness. His mind slowly cleared, finding clarity in the images and his task as he mastered his affliction. He feared to face the coming shadow, but knew that he had little choice; Not only for his sake, but for the sake of Valoran as a whole. The army of the Isles had to be stopped, and relieved of their chains.

Gathering his strength little by little, Morgothri began to swim, making his way to what he could only hope was the surface of the water. As he emerged, gasping for air, he found himself in a grand cavern, lit with magical crystals, and not far in the distance a large building: The Institute of War.

Appearance
    Physique/Complexion: Gaunt and malnourished, Morgothri has a lanky body with very slight muscle tone, like a man who was once healthy, but had since been withered away. His skin is incredibly pale, as though drained of the majority of his blood, but matted in filth, like a Noxian street child.

Head: His black hair has become tangled and grizzly, hanging long and unchecked about his head. A rough, unkempt beard adorns his face. Coupled with his gaunt and hollow expression, these features make him appear wizened and weathered, despite being only thirty-six years of age. His expression is grim and stern, giving the impression of someone who rarely smiles.

Torso: His upper-body is bare of clothing, the only semblance of a garment being the barbed chains that are melded to his skin. A single chain runs down along his back, melded over his spine. Two chains stem from between his shoulder-blades, attached to the spinal chain, and connect to wrap around his upper arm, (just below the shoulder and above the bicep,) hanging loosely between the two points. The bottom of the spinal chain splits off into two separate chains that wrap multiple times around Morgothri's midriff.

Leggings: The tattered remains of his lower robes stem from beneath the chains around his midsection, hanging down to the ground. The robes themselves are a dirty grey, frayed around the edges and torn in various areas. In addition to this, multiple chains hang freely from his waist, down from his midriff.

Feet: His feet are bare, but a shackle can be seen on his right ankle when moving. His footprints leave patches of dead ground beneath him.

Accessories/Details: His flesh is engraved with archaic runes, molten in nature, with a smokey shadow draining from them. A similar effect is present where the chains cut into his skin. The chains are formed of wrought iron, adorned with tooth-like spikes on both sides of each link.

Weapon(Attack Animation): When using auto-attacks, Morgothri tosses out whispy chain sections made of shadow at his targets, sending them forth from his right palm. The throw animation appears similar to when Twisted Fate auto-attacks with a card, only done more riggedly, with less grace. When a critical hit is made, the chain bursts into flame on contact with the target.

Quotes
    "The blessing of immortal life is the curse of eternal agony." - Morgothri

Upon Selection
    "The chains of life are binding."

Upon Attacking
    "The path of war is before us."
    "Chains shall bind them."
    "The Shadow's touch."
    "Freedom in death!"
    "Their pain will end soon."
    "In contempt."

Upon Attacking Morde/Hec/Thresh
    "The dead yearn for freedom." - vs All
    "I will liberate the Isles -and- myself!" - vs All
    "Banish the Shadows of War!" - vs Hec
    "Chains for the Metal Lord." - vs Morde
    "You would imprison us all." - vs Thresh

Upon Moving
    "Bound to follow."
    "No choice... but to persevere."
    "I sought eternity... I found pain."
    "The light has faded."
    "They know not what lies in wait."
    "I will halt the tide of war... I must."
    "I pray you never know my anguish."
    "Only fools chase immortality."

Upon Death
    "Death's sweet embrace..."

Upon Taunt
    "I am bound to life... But you I can set free."
    "You run from the inevitable!"

Upon Joke
    "If you bring the whips, I'll bring the chains."

Stats
    Health: 410 (+86) /At 18: 1958
    Health Regen p/5: 6.75 (+.55) /At 18: 16.65
    Armor: 10.5 (+4.2) /At 18: 86.1
    MR: 30
    Movement: 335
    AD: 49 (+3) /At 18: 103
    AS: .656 (+3.3%) At 18: 1.092
    Range: 575

Resource
    Corruption:
    All of Morgothri's damage over time effects generate 5 Corruption each time they deal damage.

Skills
    Passive

Curse of Shadows
    Morgothri's auto attacks curse his target, applying 1 stack of Curse of Shadows for 3 seconds each time he hits an enemy with an auto attack, stacking up to 3 times, refreshing on reapplication. Curse of Shadows ticks every half-second, dealing 3/5/7/9+2.5%AP magic damage, (9/15/21/27+7.5% at max stacks.) All of Morgothri's skills gain secondary effects against targets affected by Curse of Shadows. (Curse of Shadows only generates Corruption from 1 source at a time; Will generate Corruption from minions/monsters; Does not generate additional Corruption from multiple stacks.)

(Damage increases at levels 6/11/16.)

Animation: Targets affected by Curse of Shadows will receive a visual effect as though they were covered in smoke and fire. For each stack of Curse of Shadows on the target, a purple-black rune will appear, revolving around the afflicted target, (like Varus' W.)

Q
    Chains of Contempt   Cooldown:14/13/12/11/10   Cost:25   Range: 1000
    Unleashes a single chain in the desired direction, (linear skillshot,) dealing damage 40/70/100/130/160+50% AP to all minions/monsters it passes through, (this damage doesn't apply to champions.) If an enemy champion touches the chain, it will tether to that champion for 3 seconds, (regardless what part of the chain is touched,) dealing 12/24/36/48/60+10%AP magic damage per chain every second the target remains tethered. 1300 Max tether range. (Cooldown starts if a chain fails to connect with a champion. Does not interrupt Morgothri's movement/attacking. Missle Speed of slightly below average skillshot, as I don't know how to calculate actual Missle Speeds.)

(36/72/108/144/180+30%AP per second at max stacks/For full duration of 1 chain.)
    (108/216/324/432/540+90%AP maximum damage to single target, with all 3 chains.)

If a chain successfully connects with an enemy champion, Chains of Contempt's cooldown is reduced to 1 second. If a chain hits a target with an active chain, the duration of the original tether is refreshed. Max of 3 chains can apply to a single target, (additional chains will not contact a target with 3 chains currently active on them, simply passing through them and hitting the next valid target.) If 3 chains are active on a single target, at the end of the tether duration, that target is snared for 1.5 seconds, +.75 seconds for each stack of Curse of Shadows on that target. Morgothri receives +7% movespeed for each chain tethered to an enemy, to a max of +49% movespeed. (Morgothri receives Corruption for each chain applied to a single target, with a max of 3 separate sources; No maximum number of active chains.)

Animation: Morgothri holds his left hand above his head, shooting forth from it a dark, barbed chain, (think wrought iron,) in the desired direction, remaining attached to his hand. Upon contacting with minions/monsters, the chain simply passes through with no visible affect other than damage. Upon contacting a champion, the chain snakes around the champion and Morgothri closes his left fist as he grasps the chain. Each time a new chain is cast, his fist will reopen briefly, (a single active chain for each individual target connecting to his hand.) When multiple chains connect to the same target, the tether will grow in size for each chain, (rather than show each individual chain connected, to prevent screen clutter,) giving off a shadowy mist for 2 chains, and glowing with molten cracks for 3 chains. The chains will wrap their way around the target, until 3 "wraps" have been made, (one wrap being made each second,) and shatter after the full duration, if the chain does not snare the target. If the chain does snare the target, the main tether will break, but 4 smaller chains will spring from the target, shooting into the ground as though pinning the target there.

W
    Leeching Smog   Cooldown:12/11/10/9/8   Cost:45   Range:750
    Breaths a cone of shadowy smog over the area for 2.5 seconds. Enemies within the area receive magic damage equal to 2%(+.5%per 100AP) of their maximum health every half-second. Targets within the effect of the cone appear to be within the Fog of War and remain within it for .5 seconds after leaving the effect of the cone, (like Grave's Smokescreen.) This prevents vision of Morgothri as well. Does not generate Corruption from damage dealt to minions/minor monsters, (still generates Corruption from Blue, Red, Dragon and Baron.) (Immobile while channeling; Moving/using skills/auto-attacking cancels the channel; Cone direction faces cursor; 80* Cone Angle; Cooldown begins after channel finishes.)

If this hits an enemy with Curse of Shadows currently active on them, Morgothri heals for 50% of the damage dealt to that target and refreshes the duration of Curse of Shadows on targets hit.

Animation: Morgothri holds his right hand up to his mouth, and breaths out a mass of billowing shadow and smoke over the area, rolling like clouds during a a storm with high winds. (Think like he's blowing a kiss, but in a menacing, "I'mma kill you" sort of way.) When healed, Morgothri gains a visual effect as though he had just actived a Health Potion.

E
    Infernal Embers   Cooldown:9/8/7/6/5   Cost:35   Range:800   Radius:150
    Opens a pit of fiendish fire at the target location, dealing 10/15/20/25/30+10%AP damage every half-second to targets within. Radius increases by 25 each time Infernal Embers deals damage, and decreases by 15 for every second Infernal Embers deals no damage. At 350 radius, the embers errupt, dealing 60/100/140/180/220+60%AP damage to all enemies within. Infernal Embers will disappear if it has not errupted after 10 seconds, or once its radius has been reduced below 100. (Interrupts Morgothri's movement/attacking. Because Infernal Embers radius increases when it deals damage, each unit that takes damage increases the radius individually. Overlapping Infernal Embers will not stack in damage.) Does not generate Corruption from damage dealt to minions/minor monsters, (still generates Corruption from Blue, Red, Dragon and Baron.)

(80/120/160/200/240+80%AP maximum damage to a single target from the DoT. Additional enemies hit by the DoT cause it to detonate faster, reducing the amount of total damage that can be deatl before detonating.)
    (140/220/300/380/460+140%AP maximum damage to a single target from both DoT+Detonation.)

If this skill deals damage to an enemy afflicted by Curse of Shadows, the Curse of Shadows duration is refreshed and Morgothri receives an Infernal Charge for each stack of Curse of Shadows on the target hit, holding up to a max of 9 Charges. The Charges last until detonated or Morgothri dies. Enemies who auto attack Morgothri for a minimal of 40/45/50/55/60 damage while he has an Infernal Charge will cause the Charge to detonate, applying a stack of Curse of Shadows to the attacker, and returning 5 Corruption to Morgothri. A number of Charges will detonate equal to the amount required to apply max stacks of Curse of Shadows to the attacker, (if enough Charges are available.)

Charges will not detonate on targets with full stacks of Curse of Shadows, but will reapply full stacks for the cost of 1 Charge if detonated by a target within 1.5 seconds of that target losing their stacks of Curse of Shadows.

Animation(Pit): Morgothri gesutres his right hand upwards, as though pulling the pit to the surface of the ground. The pit then appears as molten cracks in the earth with flames spouting from them. The cracks become larger and more open as the radius expands, and likewise shrink when it reduces. Upon detonation, a jet of flame ruptures from the ground, (similar to Brand's W.)

Animation(Charges): Once Morgothri has obtained this skill, a ring of 9 runes will appear on the ground beneath him, surrounding his position. (This effect would act similar to as if he had an aura item, causing the glowy snow-flake beneath him at all times, with the exception of apperance.) For each Infernal Charge Morgothri has active, a rune will light up a molten red in the ring, starting with the top, (Northern, from the isometric perspectic,) rune, and filling clock-wise. When the rune is detonated, it will cause a "shattering" effect of the rune, returning it to its unilluminated state, and applying the visual effect of Curse of Shadows to the target.

R
    Embrace the Pain   Cooldown: 5/4/3   Cost: 4% of Max Health per second.
    While active, spells cost no Corruption, Curse of Shadows applies Grievous Wounds and damage over time effects, (aside from Curse of Shadows,) have a .30/.35/.40% chance per 1 point of accumulated Corruption to apply a stack of Curse of Shadow. In addition, auto attacks deal 20/40/60+5%AP magic damage. (Can be activated or deactivated while CC'd. Will not reduce Morgothri below 4% health, but will remain active and continue to drain any health above 4%.) When deactivated, Morgothri immediately heals for .15% of his maximum health per point of accumulated Corruption, (but does not consume the corruption.) This heal cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds and will not occur if you have not been dealt damage by a champion since the last time this heal procced.

Animation: The runes on Morgothri's skin glow more fervently and his skin cracks, as if to expose a molten core, (like Malphite when his passive is down.) Shadow flow off him as though it were water and he was drenched in it, concealing his figure behind the shadowy mass. (Styled similar to Demon Hunter from WarCraft 3 when in Metamorphisis. Consequently, this would apply to Warlock from WoW as well.)

Summary
    I tried to make it as specified and hole-free as possible. Please ask if you're confused about something and I'll try to elaborate, as I'm sure I've erred somewhere. On the flip side, I'd appreciate any comments about what you enjoyed and even what you didn't. If people would like, I've also made an itemization list to help give a bit more context to how he might be played. Thanks for reading and hope it managed to keep your interests.
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Morgothri - The Immortal Curse Empty Re: Morgothri - The Immortal Curse

Post by MynxTheOrigin Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:06 am

From what I can I tell this guy is an AoE tanky mage. I like it. I see few problems with his design that actually need addressing, but there is one thing I need explained.

If this skill deals damage to an enemy afflicted by Curse of Shadows, the Curse of Shadows duration is refreshed and Morgothri receives an Infernal Charge for each stack of Curse of Shadows on the target hit, holding up to a max of 9 Charges. The Charges last until detonated or Morgothri dies. Enemies who auto attack Morgothri for a minimal of 40/45/50/55/60 damage while he has an Infernal Charge will cause the Charge to detonate, applying a stack of Curse of Shadows to the attacker, and returning 5 Corruption to Morgothri. A number of Charges will detonate equal to the amount required to apply max stacks of Curse of Shadows to the attacker, (if enough Charges are available.)

Charges will not detonate on targets with full stacks of Curse of Shadows, but will reapply full stacks for the cost of 1 Charge if detonated by a target within 1.5 seconds of that target losing their stacks of Curse of Shadows.
    Can you elaborate that for me?
    Meherok
    Meherok

Post by Meherok Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:28 am

Basically, if his E hits someone that currently has any amount of stacks of his passive on them, he resets that duration of his passive on them, and gains stacks of Infernal Charges equal to the number of Curse of Shadow stacks on that target at the time that his E dealt damage to them.

The Infernal Charges end up detonating when Morgothri is auto-attacked, (with a minimal amount of damage required in order to cause them to detonate, so that minions or smaller jungle monsters won't cause them to detonate and waste them,) acting as a quick way to apply stacks of his passive to enemies who focus him, and making it a little easier to get his passive on more than one person at a time. In addition, it also gives him a little bit of sustain by replenishing his resource, allowing him to cast more.

When charges detonate, each charge that detonates applies 1 stack of his passive. When he is auto-attacked, it will use as many charges as necessary to cause the target to have full stacks of Curse of Shadows on them. So, target has 1 stack of Curse of Shadows, Morgothri has 4 charges, target auto-attacks Morgothri, 2 charges detonate, bringing the target to 3 stacks of Curse of Shadows, (the maximum.) So if Morgothri has enough, it will detonate up to a maximum of 3 stacks on a target, (equating to applying full(3) stacks to 3 separate targets with 9 charges, during a fight,) but it obviously can't detonate more charges than he has. So if he only has 2 charges, and the target has no stacks, it'll bring that target as close to full stacks of Curse of Shadows as possible, and detonate both of the 2 charges. When a charge detonates, it is consumed/lost, if that wasn't already apparent.

If a target already has full Curse of Shadows, the charges won't detonate on them, because they are already at maximum stacks, and it'd waste the charge. However, if a target auto-attacks Morgothri within 1.5 seconds of losing all of their stacks, then it only costs 1 charge to reapply all of the Curse of Shadow stacks that they lost.

Is that satisfactory?
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:18 am

Thank you.
    I have other champs if you want to look at them. No need for reviews. XD
    Meherok
    Meherok

Post by Meherok Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:20 am

I've actually looked at a couple before. My particular favorite would be Herma, although Morgan was a pretty good laugh with his persona. xD
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks. Herma was my first champ ever made. And Morgan was made to be kinda silly. I've always found ego maniacs humorous. Especially when they can somewhat stand up to their claims. :3
    Muramaisu and Herma are my favorites. Funny considering they were my first two ever made. But I'm also told that Muramaisu's lore is my best. :3
    Siyanor

Post by Siyanor Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:31 am

It's strange... he seems totally useless until level 6 but then super powerful. No one is going to stand around long enough for him to even cast anything, and he COULD just autoattack minions but then he's shoving the wave, which it doesn't seem like he'd want to do with his kit. But then once he hits 6 he's ridiculously strong even though his ultimate itself isn't that powerful. It's just the 0 corruption cost that makes his ultimate so good because he basically needs to be overextending or playing against idiots in order to generate enough Corruption to cast anything. Also, his W and E don't really do all that much damage... his Q is by far his most powerful ability and also the cheapest (besides his ultimate). Really makes him feel like a support except that he can't cast anything if he's supporting.
    Meherok
    Meherok

Post by Meherok Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:48 am

He's intentionally more positioned to be a top champion for the reason of getting his autos off on champs, but even if he's fighting ranged, his auto range is pretty good for a mage. Played right and making proper use of bushes, you could poke relatively well with his autos. Aside from that though, it wouldn't be that problematic to attack minions. The passive does relatively low damage with only 1 stack, and generates 30 Corruption over the 3 seconds, (assuming it gets all the damage off.) It'd only take him 10 seconds to be at max, which gives him the resources he needs to shell out harass with abilities during lane phase, which will in turn generate more Corruption after the initial build-up, assuming he keeps landing his harass.

As for people not standing around long enough for him to use his skills, I don't really see that being a problem.
    His Q has more than enough range to cast and he can receive enough Corruption off of 1 auto-attack to use 1 Q. The speed boost should be enough to keep them tethered for the Q's duration, and even if they are running to get out of it, then you're essentially getting free damage, because they aren't retaliating.
    His W isn't really meant to be used for harass, but more for teamfights and sustain. It has the potential for zoning too, when in close, due to the fog of war effect.
    His E is in the same situation as Cassiopeia's, in that during lane, it's more of a zoning tool than a damage tool. Sure, you can place it under them during her ult, but it's still not gonna be that much damage. He also has his Q's snare for that, if you place it properly. It serves a similar purpose during teamfights, but in which they'll be locked down on top of it by the CC of others instead.

You are right, his Q is intentionally the bulk of his damage. It's meant to be his staple damage skill, since his ult is a steroid, while his W is a sustain/shred and his E is more for pushing, farming and zoning. It's also meant to be low cost for the sake of getting a lot of them off on multiple targets. I'm guessing if his damage on his W/E is low, it's probably due to my tendency to try to make damage under the norm, as to avoid the possibility of it going over and becoming OP. As far as I can tell though, they still serve their purpose.

I have been a bit worried about his ult giving him too much power. As far as having a power curb at level 6 due to obtaining it, doesn't pretty much every champ? My thought process behind not changing it yet, (in light of lack of comments until now,) was that he's still gated by cooldowns and has to be incredibly careful about using it due to the health cost. More of an emergency or all-in skill for those clutch moments, so that he's not completely barred down if he can't obtain Corruption, for whatever reason.

If the above doesn't clear up the idea of him being too useless/powerful at certain points in the game, I would much appreciate a detailed explanation of what flaws you're perceiving that I am blind to. While I am currently not in agreement with your view, I do appreciate your commenting and will take it into consideration for any possible future revisions.

---If anyone else agrees with Siyanor, please, don't remain silent. I would like as wide of a consensus as possible.---
    Siyanor

Post by Siyanor Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:15 am

Oh, haha, I misread the passive. I was thinking it would only give 5 Corruption per stack. That makes a lot more sense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm