Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

2 posters

Seriah - The Whirling Dervish

Meherok
    Meherok

Seriah - The Whirling Dervish Empty Seriah - The Whirling Dervish

Post by Meherok Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Overview
    Seriah is a melee ADC/Assassin who focuses around maneuverability and attack speed. I was inspired to make her due to a class/cover character for am expansion of another game, (if someone can guess what game, I'll be very entertained,) and decided that this game needed a true scythe wielding character. I also feel like it lacks enough people from Shurima, and decided it was time to expand into a fairly lonely region of Valoran. After the bit of deliberation on the theme, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to make a character who wasn't just maneuverable, but legitimately hard to hit, and work that into the theme; Thus leading to the whole dancing motif. I wanted the scythe wielding to be a fast, fluent art-form that played into her role well. I personally think it turned out quite well, and would like to know what the rest of ya think. Please leave comments/constructive criticism, particularly anything you can think of on her overall theme. Hope you enjoy.
    Lore
    Seriah was born beneath the scorching heat of Shurima's sun to a nomadic tribe, known as the Dunestriders, named for the dance that molded their way of life. From a young age, the children of the Dunestrider tribe are trained in form of the Dunestride dance, crafted centuries ago to teach the tribesfolk to traverse the sands quickly and safely, protecting them from the unforgiving climate of Shurima. But as with many things subject to ancient origin, the Dunestride dance is much more than it appears. Within the dance lies a combat technique, taught only to those most adept in the steps of the Dunestride.

Seriah is one such individual who has risen beyond the others of her tribe. A prodigy amongst her kind, the elders of her tribe were quick to recognize the humble girl's potential from a young age, subtly giving her the keys to learning their secret martial art. As she grew older and her skills progressed, the elders confronted Seriah with the choice of becoming an elite warrior amongst her tribe, known as a Dervish. Having lost her father to a skirmish by a rival desert tribe when Seriah was young, she was spurred on by his memory, eager to accept the teachings to ensure no other of her tribe would have to suffer such a tragedy. With the hostility of the other tribes having flared to knew heights in recent times, she became intent on protecting her people from her father's fate, training tirelessly to become the tribe's most graceful dancer and disciplined warrior.

In recent times, wars have broken out between the other tribes of Shurima. One night, the Dunestrider encampment was beset by a raid from a band of enemy tribesmen. During the encounter, the Dunestrider elders instructed Seriah to lead her people out of the open and away from the battle, towards the nearby mountains of the Great Barrier; In case of their demise, appointing her their tribe leader. Silently swallowing her discontent, Seriah retreated with her tribe as the elders and valiant warriors held off the attackers, watching them fall one by one from a distance, in a grand display of what was their final dance.

Reaching the shadow of the Great Barrier, Seriah instructed her remaining forces to put their backs to the mountains and prepare for the oncoming attack. The raiders soon caught up, overwhelming Seriah's men with their numbers. Forced to retreat into a corner, Seriah prepared for death as the sun began to rise, but fate had yet to abandon her. From the back of the enemy lines, a great figure, dressed in golden armor that shone brightly in the morning light, was cutting through the raider forces. As the skirmishers began to break, running in fear, Seriah seized the opportunity and pushed out against them, staining the sands with their blood.

When the battle had ended, the figure made its way through the now quiet battlefield and knelt before Seriah and her warriors. Introducing himself as Nasus, the being explained that it had witnessed the attack during the night and pleaded to make himself of service to Seriah's injured tribe. After much deliberation and tending to the wounded, Seriah agreed to allow Nasus to guide them through to the other side of the Great Barrier, where they might find safe haven from the warring in Shurima. During this time, Nasus told Seriah of the lands to the North of the Barrier. He explained to her that the best chance for her people to find refuge would be to declare themselves to the Institute of War, who could help ensure that they would not be in danger in this new land. Seeing little choice remaining, Seriah agreed, and so it was that Nasus brought her before the Institute for judgment.
    Appearance
    Physique/Complexion: Seriah stands at 5'9 with a lean, athletic figure. Her skin is a dark tan, typical of many desert dwelling folk who bare the heat of the harsh sun.

Head: Her hair is a silvery-white, running freely down to her waist in a silky curtain of straight hair. Her eyes, like her hair, gleam a brilliant silver, set into a long, slender face. On her right cheek, running from beneath her eye, on down to her jawline, is a strand of deep red tattooing in an elegant swirling style, symbolizing her rank as a Dervish.

Torso/Arms: She is clothed in white flowing robes, trimmed with sky-blue, made of light, silky fabrics; The sleeves of which hang loosely about her arms; An open hood adorning her head. Her upper torso is covered by a golden metal vestment of overlapping plate, ornately designed with the same swirling patterns as her tattoo. The vest covers her shoulders, arcing up over them in triangular plates.

Leggings: Her white robes extend down behind her in a coat-tail like fashion and a long loin clothe in the front. The frontal portion of her thighs that are exposed through the robes are armored with overlapping plate, in the same style as her vest.

Feet: On her feat, she wears shin-wrap sandals, (styled like Roman sandals.)

Weapon/Attack Animation: Seriah's wields a scythe, the shaft of which is golden and embroidered to match her armor, while the blade itself is made of polished steel; An edge on both the inner and out blade. When attacking, Seriah spins the scythe quickly in circular motions at her sides, slashing in a figure-eight pattern, bringing the point of the blade up in uppercutting movements, alternating from one side to the other with each hit.
    Quotes
    Upon Selection
    "Dance with me."

Upon Attacking
    "The dance begins!"
    "The dunes swallow the ignorant."
    "The sands will weep with blood."
    "A flurry of sand."
    "Can they dance?"
    "Amongst the sands, there is no refuge."
    "We must break the divide."

Upon Movement
    "Quick steps."
    "I shall teach you the Dunestride."
    "The dance is endless."
    "The rhythm of the sands."
    "No longer divided."
    "Together we dance."

Upon Taunt
    "Dare to dance?"
    "I came in good faith... You shall leave in a good coffin."

Upon Joke
    "My scythe has a mean right hook."
    "Was it left foot, twirl or double step- *screams, falls over.*"
    "Out of the dunes and still finding sand in places I didn't know I had."
    Stats
    Health: 448 (+85) /At 18: 1978
    Health Regen p/5: 6.8 (+.75) /At 18: 20.3
    Mana: 265 (+35) /At 18:
    Mana Regen p/5: 5.5 (+.7) /At 18: 18.1
    Armor: 14 (+3.9) /At 18: 84.2
    MR: 30
    Movement: 350
    AD: 51 (+3.2) /At 18: 108.6
    AS: .667 (+3.1%) /At 18: 1.018
    Range: 175
    Passive
    Desert Winds
    For each consecutive hit on an enemy champion, (after the first,) Seriah attacks one additional adjacent(melee range) champion, (up to 4 additional,) for 65/70/75/80% of the damage dealt to her primary target. If no other enemy champions are adajcent to her while striking her target, she deals an additional +5/10/20/35 physical damage per consecutive strike to her target, stacking up to a max of 4. Based on the number of stacks, Seriah will strike up to 4 additional enemy champions who become adjacent after stacks have already been gained. The additional strikes apply on-hit effects and can crit; Cannot proc "Cleave" effects on additional targets. (% of damage dealt to additional targets and single-target damage increases at level 6/11/16; Additional attacks happen in unison with the primary attack.)
    Q
    Dunestorm Stride   Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11   Mana: 55/60/65/70/75   Range: 800
    Seriah steps towards the target area, whirling her scythe above her head in an elegant dance. Seriah moves three times in a zig-zag pattern up to the targeted area, attacking all enemies within 325 range every .5 seconds for 1.5 seconds for 15/30/45/60/75+60%Total AD per attack. Seriah is untargetable by auto attacks for the duration of the skill. Ignores terrain.

(For a more accurate explanation of her movement: She moves diagnal to the right 1/3 of the distance to her target area and attacks, then diagnal to the left 1/3 of the distance and attacks, then moves directly to her target area for the final attack. ---Time scale may be off, would require a legit virtual test to determine efficiency.---)
    W
    Dancer's Alacrity   Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14   Mana: 50
    Seriah gains +20/30/40/50/60% attack speed for 8 seconds. After a 1 second delay, Dancer's Alacrity may be activated a second time during its duration to reduce the cooldowns of Seriah's other abilities by an amount of time equal to the remainder of the Dancer's Alacrity buff. (Cooldown counter starts after Dancer's Alacrity has finished or been reactivated.)
    E
    Whirling Sands  Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10   Mana: 40/45/50/55/60   Radius: 350
    Active: Seriah deals 45/70/95/120/145+100%Bonus AD to the last enemy she hit. Enemies struck by Desert Winds or "Cleave" effects will count as enemies last hit in addition to the primary target. Enemies hit have their armor reduced by 10% and movement slowed by 18/21/24/27/30% for 3 seconds. (Does not interrupt movement/auto-attacks.)
    R
    Heart of the Dance   Cooldown: 120/100/80  Mana: 150
    Active: Seriah gains a health shield equal to 20% of her maximum health for 3 seconds upon activating Heart of the Dance. For the next 10 seconds, every 4th attack Seriah makes creates a spell shield, allowing her to block the next incoming auto-attack or ability within 1.5 seconds. While any shield from Heart of the Dance is active, Seriah's auto-attacks deal +5% of her targets max health in physical damage, (including to enemies hit by her passive.) Seriah gains +20% movement speed for the duration of Heart of the Dance.

Shield will not absorb attacks/abilities that would deal lower than 80/180/280 damage if they do not apply a CC effect, (on-hit effects such as Nashor's Tooth count towards this minimum); Does not absorb persistent ground effects, such as Cassiopeia's W, but will absorb AoE effects such as Cass' Q, Cho'Gath's Q or Brand's W.)
    Siyanor

Seriah - The Whirling Dervish Empty Re: Seriah - The Whirling Dervish

Post by Siyanor Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Does the W buff end if the ability is reactivated?

I'm not seeing assassin potential here. Her burst damage is actually really low; it's her sustained damage that's high. And with the immense focus on attack speed and her AS steroid not being particularly big [especially if it does end when reactivated], she's not really going to be able to build a lot of AD unless she gets fed.
    Meherok
    Meherok

Post by Meherok Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Yes, the W ends if reactivated. Would be a pretty pointless thing to apply a reactivation to if it didn't have that trade off. Otherwise I might as well just say "removes X duration from other cooldowns when activated" if that were the case.

The assassin potential comes from having extremely high maneuverability and being really hard to shake off. While no, she doesn't have much burst potential, she is hard to catch/get rid of and can potentially shovel out a lot of damage over a short amount of time later on, even if it's not all from nukes. Also, the reset from her W helps a bit for the purpose of burst potential. She doesn't serve the assassin role so well early though, I will agree to that. It's more of a meta choice. You can still get a substantial amount of AD while building attack speed.
    Siyanor

Post by Siyanor Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:38 pm

I guess BotRK would be good on her, but I feel like rushing it wouldn't automatically turn her into an assassin threat a la Zed.
    Meherok
    Meherok

Post by Meherok Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Nor would I want it to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm