A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

Aristosa - The Voidstar

Meherok

Aristosa - The Voidstar

Post by Meherok on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:49 am

Overview
    Aristosa is a high DPS tank with a hefty emphasis on crowd control and threat through damage. Using herself as a zoning tool, Aristosa is equipped with a plethora of AoE CC that makes her a strong presence in both lane and teamfights. With skills that scale in damage based on her current health, she is designed to be punishing if left unchecked, and generates most of her threat from her strong DPS capabilities if she's not dealt with right away. The base principle behind her is that I wanted to make a champ who, while possible to ignore, is much more threatening when she isn't taking damage. This gives enemies an incentive to focus her over the squishier characters, allowing her to act as a tank through her threatening presence.

While her skills give her strong CC and consistent damage, her laning phase is her weakest point, due to a lack of harass and sustain capabilities. She is the focal point of her abilities, meaning that in order to deal damage, she generally has to put herself in harms way first. This makes her optimal when partnered with another champ with range, such as bot lane. Alternately, while she doesn't have amazing clearing abilities, her passive AoE damage and shield could possibly allow her to be a viable as a jungler.
    Lore
    Amongst the stars live a race of plasmatic beings, known to those few blessed to see them as Star Ghosts; Or in their own tongue, the Quasiim. Aristosa is one such Quasiim, born out of the breath of a miniature star. She and her kin lived many mortal lifetimes, drifting through space in bliss and peace, within the shelter of their home star. But their peaceful life did not last forever, as not even the farthest reaches of the cosmos is safe from the corrupting touch of the Void.

Without warning, a rift of dark energies opened like a great crack in space, pulling in all around it and threatening to consume the Quasiim's home. Aristosa's people had legends that told of great cataclysms where the sky would open and swallow whole stars if they were not halted. The tales told of brave Quasiim who would harness the power of the stars themselves and would become sacrifices to the rift in order to collapse it from within. As the Quasiim convened on how to solve this crisis, Aristosa offered herself as a martyr for her people. Agreeing to her offer, the Quasiim channeled the spirit of their people and their home into Aristosa's body until it was bursting with energy. Bidding farewell to her fellow Quasiim, Aristosa launched herself into the rift, and as she entered its event horizon, she allowed free the power within her, rupturing her body in a great explosion.

To her surprise, she awoke, somehow unharmed by the blast. She had been thrown into an alien world, filled with wicked beings of terrifying power, where all light was warped and tainted. Manifesting the energy remaining within her that wasn't used within the blast, she managed to survive, holding the horrors at bay. For years she wandered the dark landscape, looking for an escape from her hellish prison, the corruption of the world setting further and further in as her hope continued to dwindle.

Eventually, she stumbled upon the ruins of what appeared to be a once great city. Having given up hope of ever returning home, she took up residence within its walls. Studying it, in time, she found that the name of the city was Icathia, and what more, she found that its denizens once knew how to travel between realms. After many further years of investigation, Aristosa would attempt a ritual which would open up a gateway to another realm, and unexpectedly succeed.

The spell ripped open a small rift in space and hurtled her out through it. This time, when she awoke, the sky above was the beautiful tapestry of black, dotted with twinkling lights. But the familiar sight did not comfort her; It felt wrong, and she hated it. The world around her was still not her home. Overloaded with emotion, she felt the long-fought corruption of the Void take hold, and she was compelled with nothing but a desire to consume and destroy.

And so she wandered. This new world was solid and dark, unable to produce its own light, having to glean it from that of a nearby star. Its differences only served to further her tainted disposition towards it. As she traveled, she left a trail of destruction in her path, the heat of her power leaving a trail of molten slag and glass in her wake; Burning away all life she passed. In time, she stumbled upon a great city, and her whole being was filled with glee at the thought of its destruction. But her rampage was met with great resistance from the denizens of the city; Fleshy sacks of creatures, covered in solidified metals.

It proved almost too easy at first, the inhabitants falling like flies beneath her power as she set alight the city in her path. However, she was soon confronted with a battalion of robed figures, in front of them a single man with a crow upon his shoulder and cain in his hand. She struck out at them, but was quickly subdued by a barrage of ethereal chains, dragging her down to the ground. As she struggled to break them, they tightened around her, binding her until she was completely incapacitated, the heat draining from her body. The man with the crow approached her until they were finally face to face. He gazed in her fiery eyes as she bared her transluscent fangs in resentful retort. After at least a full minute of silent eye contact, he turned away and growled in a commanding voice to the other men, "Contact the League."
    Appearance
    Aristosa's body is a translucent mass of blue, green and purple plasmas, bathed in a halo of similarly colored fire. The inner coloration of her body is a mixture of jade greens and sapphire blues, while the outer coloration, making up the tendrils of the flames, is a amethyst purple. Her face is of Human appearance, with the exception of noticably larger fangs and her outer incisors being pointed rather than rounded, like a smaller set of fangs. (Probably wouldn't be visible on an in-game model, but included it for the sake of being descript.) Her upper body is shaped like that of a robed and lightly armored Human woman. Her lower half is dressed from the waist down in an almost skirt-like plume of plasmatic flame trailing behind her, with no visible legs or feet. Her arms, (also appearing Human,) are dressed in a shawl/ribbon of flame trailing up them and down her back to flow freely behind her in the air. Her "hair" is comprised of long tendrils of translucent plasma, (appearing like similar in texture to her body,) that drifts aloft in the air, gently waving as if suspended in liquid.

For references sake, the closest example I can give of a form would be somewhere between a Protoss Archon from Starcraft, combined with Kidagakash ("Kida",) from the Disney film, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, after she had absorbed the crystal. Links below:

Archon (Edited, but closer to the concept, minus the electron-like bits circling around.)
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs17/f/2007/138/1/f/Dark_Archon_Starcraft_by_Dreamwaver.jpg
    Kida
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D9cwZ48D5XI/UKAry9h9HvI/AAAAAAAADbo/XJRdDtXbhlY/s1600/glowing+kida+atlantis+lost+empire+disney.png
    Quotes
    "A fragment of a star, bound in mortal form, with the potential for massive destruction... Only Noxus would have the gall and ambition to weaponize her." - Karma.

Descriptor: Aristosa's voice echos with rasp, speaking in a slow, yes menacing and venomous voice. (The current quotes are not finite, and I'll add more if I think of them.)

Upon Selection
    "Star light; Star Bright; Let me end your life tonight."

Upon Attacking
    "From dust they came... In ash they return."
    "I shall consume them in fire!"
    "They know no suffering."

Upon Moving
    "From imprisonment to chains."
    "How long must I suffer?"
    "I have walked the endless Void."
    "You will not bind me forever!"

Upon Casting Rise
    "I rise again!"
    "Return me to the stars!"

Upon Casting Fall
    "Fall upon them."

Upon Casting Silence of the Void
    "No one will hear you scream."
    "Taste the Void!"

Upon Casting Collapse
    "Draw them in."
    "I shall cripple them."

Upon Casting Nova Burst
    "Wipe them out!"
    "Release!"

Upon Dying
    "My spark fades."
    "So it ends."
    Stats/Skills
    Health: 435 (+90) /At 18: 2055
    Health Regen: 7.25 (+.75) /At 18: 20.75
    Mana: 225 (+44) /At 18: 1017
    Mana Regen: 6.5 (+.55) /At 18: 16.4
    Armor: 16.5 (+3.5) /At 18: 79
    MR: 30 (+1.25) /At 18: 52.5
    Movement: 335
    AD: 53.5 (+3.5) /At 18: 116.5
    AS: .638 (+1.72%) /At 18: .835
    Range: 125
    Passive
    Gravity Well
    Enemies within 475 range of Aristosa are slowed while moving away from her, and are slowly pulled in towards her while they are not moving, (including while they are CC'd; Pull strength unconcluded, due to lack of technical knowledge.) The slow is equal to a .30% slow per 1% of Aristosa's maximum Health remaining, down to 10% minimum. (Enemies not in Aristosa's line of sight, including in brush, will not be affected by the pull, but will still be affected by the slow.)
    Q
    Rise   Cooldown:18/17/16/15/14  Mana:60/65/70/75/80
    Aristosa ascends to the sky in the form of a dark star, becoming untargetable for up to 2 seconds. While Rise is active, Aristosa may move, but cannot auto-attack or cast spells. During the 2 seconds Rise is active, Aristosa may reactivate it to cast Fall. If Rise expires without casting Fall, Aristosa will immediately drop to the ground location beneath her, as if she had cast Fall there. (If no area is targeted, recasting Fall will drop Aristosa on the ground directly beneath her.)

Fall   Range: 950   Radius: 325
    Aristosa crashes down to the target ground location, dealing 60/90/120/150/180(+60%AP) magic damage to all enemies within the radius. Deals +.2/.35/.5/.65/.8(+.2%AP) magic damage per 1% of Aristosa's maximum health remaining.
    W
    Silence of the Void   Cooldown:22/20.5/19/17.5/16  Mana:70   Range:650   Radius:400
    Aristosa imposes the silence of the Void upon the target area, causing all enemy champions in that area to be Silenced. Enemies within the radius take damage from Shrouding Corona's passive, (including minions.) The area persists for 5 seconds. (Interrupts Aristosa's movement.)
    E
    Shrouding Corona   Cooldown:20   Mana:55/65/75/85/95
    Passive: Dealing damage every second to enemies within 400 radius to her. Damage dealt each second is equal to 1.5% of her maximum Health. Passive remains active while on cooldown. Does not affect minions, but does affect monsters.

Active: Aristosa gains a Health Shield equal to 150/210/270/330/390(+50%AP) for 10 seconds. While the shield persists, Shrouding Corona's passive's damage is increased, dealing an additional 6/12/21/33/48(+15%AP) magic damage. (Cooldown begins after shield is depleted.)
    Ultimate
    Collapse   Cooldown:150/130/110   Mana:75/100/125
    Enemies within 650 range of Aristosa are pulled into her location. For 6 seconds after casting Collapse, enemies within 600 range of Aristosa receive 30/60/90(+20%AP) magic damage each second, and an additional .3/.6/.9 magic damage per 1% of Aristosa's maximum Health remaining. While active, the radius of Shrouding Corona's passive is increased to 600, and the slow from Gravity Well is doubled. After a 1.5 second delay, while Collapse is active and for 4 seconds afterwards, Aristosa may cast Nova Burst. (Casting Nova Burst ends all of Collapse's effects.)

Nova Burst   Mana:70/85/100   Radius:800
    Aristosa deals 50/100/150(+20%AP) magic damage within a radius around her, dealing an additional .2/.35/.5(+.1%AP) magic damage per 1% of Aristosa's maximum Health remaining +100% of all damage Aristosa dealt with Collapse, to a maximum of 500 additional damage from Collapse. Enemies hit are also pushed back 400 range.
    Summary
    Thanks to all who read, and hope you enjoyed the character. Please leave comments and constructive criticisms. If you have questions or concerns, please ask away and point them out, and I will try my best to explain whatever gaps may have been left.
    Oct 4th, 2013; Edit 1: Changed Rise/Fall so that it would immediately cast beneath Aristosa when no ground target is selected, rather than returning her to the original cast point. (This was the original intention, but I forgot to change the wording of a former iteration.)

Oct 6th, 2013; Edit 2: Applied a maximum cap on damage Nova Burst can receive from Collapse. The rate at which the damage is gained is still 100%, so it will gain quickly, but not still not immediately, while the cap prevents it from becoming too high.

Oct 6th, 2013; Edit 3: Increased Shrouding Corona's cooldown and decreased its Shield AP ratio from 70% to 50%

Last edited by Meherok on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 am; edited 7 times in total
    MynxTheOrigin

Re: Aristosa - The Voidstar

Post by MynxTheOrigin on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:07 am

I honestly see few problems with her. Hell, even the health scaling is well done and creative. I mean, look at the warmog's, because it's what I used to calculate some of her damage and yeah, nothing too extreme.
    Meherok

Post by Meherok on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:30 am

Thanks. ^^ And yeah, I always found that scaling off Health in other ways ends up awkwardly balanced, like Vladimir. I just figured going with Maximum-Percentage would allow her to build more freely without affecting her extra output, and deals well with how her strength gets reduced when focused.
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

I see. It seems rather well balanced to me.

Siyanor

Post by Siyanor on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:00 am

"Maximum health remaining" is the same as current health.

The shield strength on her E seems a bit high. I'd say reduce the base by ~40 and scaling by ~10. That would make it 110/160/210/260/310.

I didn't calculate any of the max/current health stuffs. I'll do that later.
    Meherok

Post by Meherok on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:47 am

Not entirely true, that it's the same as "current health", in that when I say 1% of, if I put current health, it would still require me saying 1% of current maximum health remaining. Otherwise, 1% of current health , (rather or not I add "remaining",) could refer to the current amount of health in her bar, which could also imply 1% of that, and not the % of her maximum. In which case, in the wrong context, it could always be considered 100% of what's in the bar instead. There is a thought process behind my madness. :P

I actually have a specific reason for the shield strength to be that high, and that's because her damage is dependent upon it still remaining. As soon as the shield is gone, so is the bonus damage to her Corona. The base of the shield still goes like nothing during each respective level of play, and since she's a tank, she won't have a terribly high amount of AP to add to the shield.

As for the calculations on the health ratios, I'll save you some time:

Q (Fall)
    At 100% health, she deals an additional 20/35/50/65/80(+20%AP) magic damage, for a total of 80/105/170/215/260(+80%AP).

Ultimate (Collapse)
    At 100% health, she deals an additional 30/60/90 magic damage per second, for 6 seconds, totalling out to a maximum bonus damage of 180/360/540 over those 6 seconds, if she remains at 100% health.
    Adding in her base, it equals out to 60/120/180(+20%AP) a second, or a maximum of 360/720/1080(+120%AP) over 6 seconds, if she remains at maximum health. While this is quite high, it is also very easily reduced by damaging her, and spanned out over a longer duration, leaving a large amount of time to react and negate the damage dealt. (However, I have just realized that I erred in making Nova Burst deal 100% of the damage dealt, as both on top of one another has the potential to be too high after a point.)

Ultimate (Nova Burst)
    At 100% health, she deals an additional 20/35/50(+10%AP) magic damage, for a total of 70/135/200(+30%AP).
    Meherok

Post by Meherok on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:25 am

Alright, so while I'm not really willing to budge on the base of the shield, I have made some alterations to its AP ratio and cooldown.

Siyanor

Post by Siyanor on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:52 am

I think I'm still confused... can you give a mathematical equation for it, using variables?
    Meherok

Post by Meherok on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm assuming you're referring to the maximum remaining health vs current health bit, (since that's the part that I most poorly worded in the last flood of paragraphs lol.)

Basically just saying "current health" would apply to the flat amount of health she has left. For example: If she has 1000 Health maximum, and she's at 500, then 500 would be her current health. If I said 1% of her "current health", and her current health is 500, that would insinuate I mean that for every 1% she would receive 5 of something.

However, if I say 1% of her "maximum health remaining", then for every 1% (10 health) of her (total) health remaining, she gains the amount shown. In the case of Collapse, this would be .3/.6/.9 damage for every 1% health, (e.g. 10, if she has 1000 health,) remaining. So 100% Health = 30/60/90; 99% Health = 29.7/59.4/89.1; 98% Health = 29.4/58.8/88.2, etc. Just taking off .3/.6/.9 damage for every 1% health she's missing, (or more accurately, adding .3/.6/.9 for every 1% she still has.)

As for an actual equation, the two would look like:
    1% of Current Health: Max Health - Damage = Current Health /100 = Numeric Value

1% of Maximum Remaining Health: Numeric Ratio Value * Remaining Percentage of (Total) Health = Numeric Value
    While I could change the wording of the equation to Current Percentage of (Total) Health, (instead of Remaining Percentage,) it wouldn't be applicable in the context of the wording in the ability description, as it is here. At least, not without finding a completely different way to explain it all together.

The difference is that I'm not looking to get a flat number from the amount of health she has, I'm looking to get a ratio based off her percentage of health. I could add "current" in the wording of the skill description, but it'd be redundant and unnecessary in the wording to convey the point.

Hope that clears it up a bit better as to how the mechanic works and how I chose to word the skill. And, if you weren't referring to that bit... Lemme know, so I can feel stupid for explaining the wrong thing. xD

Siyanor

Post by Siyanor on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Oh, ok. So the actual values of her current and maximum health are just used to calculate what percentage of her maximum health she currently has. Then having 500 current /1000 max health or 1000 current / 2000 max health give you the same number in the end.
    Meherok

Post by Meherok on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Yes sir.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:17 am