Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

5 posters

Damn you, summer internships!

Zarkof
    Zarkof

Damn you, summer internships! Empty Damn you, summer internships!

Post by Zarkof Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 am

I really would have applied for the Game Design internship for this summer... but alas, I am not enrolled at a college at the moment.

Would getting into a school for a fall semester this year count as being enrolled? Or did I have to be actually taking classes already this semester for it to count? Or should I just contact Riot about it anyways?

(help me, I'm going mad)
    Katsuni
    Katsuni

Damn you, summer internships! Empty Re: Damn you, summer internships!

Post by Katsuni Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:49 am

Yes, actually, most cases where yeu have been accepted, or at least have applied and are intending to go to college/university, it's accepted that the paperwork is a pain to do and very slow, often taking until actually after the first few classes before it's finished (sometimes months after that).

As such, generally anything which requires being in college still applies, though some places require proof; those are generally places which are giving student discounts, though, rather than workplaces.

If yeu want to internship, go ahead; it's free labour, and they're generally happy with it either way.
    ploki122
    ploki122

Post by ploki122 Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 am

Zarkof wrote:I really would have applied for the Game Design internship for this summer... but alas, I am not enrolled at a college at the moment.

Would getting into a school for a fall semester this year count as being enrolled? Or did I have to be actually taking classes already this semester for it to count? Or should I just contact Riot about it anyways?

(help me, I'm going mad)

Well, in most cases, they will expect minimal knowledge, and that is more than high school. Riot is one of those elitist work places and really expect you to have something really nice to show off before taking you in (including interns). So basically, you have to already be in college/univ to apply on those.

If you aren't you can't apply for an internship, but you can apply for the Associate position (QA, designer, web architect, etc.) whatever your skills and interests points toward. Only, there again you need to have the qualifications required for employment (which from what I heard are higher than normal).

Katsuni wrote:Yes, actually, most cases where yeu have been accepted, or at least have applied and are intending to go to college/university, it's accepted that the paperwork is a pain to do and very slow, often taking until actually after the first few classes before it's finished (sometimes months after that).

As such, generally anything which requires being in college still applies, though some places require proof; those are generally places which are giving student discounts, though, rather than workplaces.

If yeu want to internship, go ahead; it's free labour, and they're generally happy with it either way.

Actually, Riot's internship are payed... Not anything as high as their normal employees, but way enough for regular expenses (rent, grocery, transport, etc.) plus a little bonus.
    MobytheWhite
    MobytheWhite

Post by MobytheWhite Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:35 am

applied and got rejected for the position they have over 600 applicants. I applied on the basis of lorecrafting. They didn't even read my stuff, I got an automated message.
    Zarkof
    Zarkof

Post by Zarkof Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:02 am

Yeah I don't really have any super extraordinary accomplishments (or any at all, for that matter) Still, it was better to get these slivers of hope out of my system.
    MobytheWhite
    MobytheWhite

Post by MobytheWhite Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 am

Zarkof wrote:Yeah I don't really have any super extraordinary accomplishments (or any at all, for that matter) Still, it was better to get these slivers of hope out of my system.

I don't mean don't try, I'm just giving you some objective reality. There are a lot of people to beat out but not trying at all is the worst thing to do.
    Zarkof
    Zarkof

Post by Zarkof Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 am

MobytheWhite wrote:I don't mean don't try, I'm just giving you some objective reality. There are a lot of people to beat out but not trying at all is the worst thing to do.

Well, for me the odds are 0 to none. I'm a 22 year old that hasn't been able to get more than a 2.0 GPA in one semester because of lack of effort, let alone finish the entire year without withdrawing, and that happened twice, at two different colleges. I have no proof of any qualifications I may or may not have. The most I can say is basically "I'm pretty good at understanding things and solving problems but I don't really have any way of showing that because I never get motivated, and when I do try doing something my ADHD pretty much goes 'Can't let you do that, Zarkof'" and then link them to one of my amateur champion concepts. That would leave me with about... -1% chance of my application getting accepted which is worse than not trying in my book.

I'm quite capable of seeing objective reality on my own. That, and I'm a bit of a pessimist.
    MobytheWhite
    MobytheWhite

Post by MobytheWhite Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Your call but I've always found adhd and its subdisorders to be associated with creativity and ceaseless thought. One of the many aspects of the disorder is the thought process never stops. So if you had a good idea I doubt your adhd is hindering you. More than likely you are distracted by something more interesting which is not directly related to adhd in general, its just a fact of life. Quit self-diagnosing your starting to make me depressed. Razz
    Void22
    Void22

Post by Void22 Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 pm

MobytheWhite wrote:Your call but I've always found adhd and its subdisorders to be associated with creativity and ceaseless thought. One of the many aspects of the disorder is the thought process never stops. So if you had a good idea I doubt your adhd is hindering you. More than likely you are distracted by something more interesting which is not directly related to adhd in general, its just a fact of life. Quit self-diagnosing your starting to make me depressed. Razz

He is correct. Furthermore, people with conditions similar to ADHD are usually unusually creative. There are a great deal many more benefits in trying out then there are disadvantages. I think you should at least make the attempt. Just my thoughts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 pm