A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm

Zarkof

Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm

Post by Zarkof on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 pm

This is my "first" concept from the LoL Forums. Post copied from there.

I was doing some playing around with Touhou characters as LoL champions and liked the concept I came up with for Patchouli, and decided to put them into an actual Champion Concept.

Introduction:
    Rennal is a support mage that focuses on casting spells to disrupt the enemy team, causing your allies to do more damage, or shielding someone from harm. His spells modify his auto attacks, allowing him to still perform in fights even with his spells are on cooldown.

Story:

Rennal is a teenager born into House Spiritmight of Demacia. He was frail as a young child and often got hurt or sick when playing outside, so his parents kept him sequestered away indoors and rarely allowed visitors save for a few friends. Cut off from the outside world, Rennal was forced to turn to books and toys for entertainment. He spent all his free time reading or playing with his toys, learning and experimenting. Rennal was clever and after a few years he could understand some of the more complex books his parents owned and read for themselves. One of those books was about magic, and Rennal was fascinated by the concept of it.

Soon after learning about it, Rennal devoted all his free time to learning more about magic. He asked his parents for all sorts of books related to it and read them all. At the age of 14, he started showing a strong command over certain elements. He studied hard, putting his focus in books and experimentation. He soon proved himself a worthy mage, well versed in elemental combat. He found he could harness the earth, fire, and water. Whereas most mages would simply focus on one aspect at a time, Rennal experimented with multiple at once. He discovered powerful combinations that left him with residual energy coursing through him after casting spells. He soon exhausted the knowledge his books had to give, but he still wanted to learn and grow.

He seeks to cultivate his power further than books can teach him, so he joined the League of Legends at age 17.

Attributes:

Mage
    Support

Stats:

Health: 380 (+80) - 1820 @18
    Mana: 270 (+60) - 1350 @18
    Attack: 45 (+2.8) - 95.4 @18
    Attack Speed: 0.670 (+3.00%) - 1.032 @18
    Armor: 8 (+3.4) - 69.2 @18
    Magic Resist: 30 (+0)
    Movement Speed: 340
    Range: 550

Skills:

Passive: Elementalism - Rennal's spells grant him residual energy based on the spell, permanently modifying his auto attacks. Each new spell cast overwrites the previous Elementalism buff.

notes: Mechanics issue only:

In order to help with timing and fast casting, unlike Sheen, the effect granted from Elementalism will match up with the buff you had when you completed the auto attack animation. The effect won't change on an auto attack that is "in the air" but hasn't hit its target yet. Either this, or have the Elementalism buff be delayed by 0.5 seconds after casting

Q: Fire Earth Technique "Magma Burst"

Range - 800
    AoE Diameter - 400
    Mana Cost - 75/85/95/105/115
    Cooldown - 10

Rennal combines fire and earth, causing magma to burst out of the ground at target location after 0.75 seconds, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+50% AP) magic damage and melting the resistances of all targets hit, increasing their damage taken by 10% for 3 seconds.

Elementalism: Fire - Rennal's auto attacks burn the target for 12/20/28/36/44 (+10% * AP) magic damage and additional magic damage equal to 2% of their maximum HP over 3 seconds.

notes: A molten particle effect will be present on enemies with the debuff, or they will glow white and red to signify that they are superheated.

W: Water Fire Technique "Forceful Geyser"

Range: 600
    Wall Length: 400
    Mana Cost: 100/115/130/145/160
    Cooldown: 20

Rennal combines water and fire, creating a geyser with vector targeting. Upon cast, the force knocks enemy champions along the stream, dealing 50/85/120/155/190 (+50% AP) Magic damage. The stream persists for 5 seconds, dealing 10/17/24/31/38 (+10% AP) per second to any enemy champion standing in it.

Additionally, allies may click any part of the stream and be launched forward to the end of the stream. Allies must be within 50 range to utilize this function.

Elementalism: Water - Once every 5 seconds, Rennal's next auto attack will slow the target's movement by 35% for 1.5 seconds.

notes: the stream will appear with the base being a cracked, rocky bulge in the ground with water spouting out to one side, approx 100 units in diameter with the stream being 80 units wide. Allies may click the rocky base to activate the slide.

The allied effect portion is new and I'd like feedback on it. If it's super broken and you can tell me exactly why then I'll limit it to just one ally use. The range on it isn't as big as Thresh's lantern and the cooldown doesn't change.

E: Earth Water Technique "Mud Shield"

Range: 800
    Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110
    Cooldown: 15

Rennal combines earth and water, shielding an ally with a protective bubble that blocks the next basic attack in the next 5 seconds and granting them 15/30/45/60/75 bonus magic resistance for 3 seconds. For every 150 AP Rennal has, the shield blocks one extra attack.

Elementalism: Earth - Rennal's basic attacks restore 5/9/13/17/21 (+5% AP) health and 0.5% of his maximum mana.

notes: The graphic would either be a large bubble that shrinks each time it's hit or having bubbles orbit the target, 1 for each attack it would block, and they would pop upon blocking an attack. The MR buff could be portrayed by a color modifier on the champion or a separate, muddy particle effect.

Not sure on the new attack blocking scaling.

R: Ultimate Technique "Elemental Fury"

Range: 600
    Area Radius: 400
    Mana Cost: 100/125/150
    Cooldown: 120/100/80

Rennal combines fire, earth, and water, causing a ravaging disaster at target location that deals 200/300/400 (+50% AP) magic damage in an area. This spell has an additional effect based on Rennal's 1/2/3 highest leveled skills (prefers Q, W, then E if spells have the same level)

Q: Fire - Deals additional magic damage equal to 10% of the enemy's max health

W: Water - Slows all units by 40% for 2 seconds

E: Earth - Reduces damage done by affected units by 10% for 4 seconds

Elementalism: Fury - Rennal's next auto attack stuns the target for 2 seconds. This does not overwrite Rennal's previous Elementalism buff and lasts for one attack.

notes: the graphic on this will change based on which effects you have active. Fire will be a volcano/explosion particle effect, water will have a geyser/torrent of water bursting from the ground, and earth will have jagged rocks bursting upwards. Each effect won't overlap with the particles from the others.

Playable Roles:

I imagine Rennal being played as a support or AP mid. His above-average auto attack range and speed allows him to harass with Fire Elementalism, kite with Water Elementalism, or sustain himself with Earth Elementalism. Since his cooldowns are high you have to carefully choose the order of your spells so that you end up with the correct Elementalism buff for the situation. Pressing the attack? Shield yourself with Elemental Shield, reposition the enemy with Forceful Geyser and land an auto attack to slow them, and then land Magma Burst for the damage, resistance reduction, and Fire Elementalism, allowing you to dish out some sustained damage while shielded. Getting ganked? Shield yourself or your ally then push the enemy away with Forceful Geyser and gain Water Elementalism to slow the enemy if they keep chasing. If they start to turn and run, chase them down to land an auto attack to slow them, then land an easy Magma Burst for you and your ally to deal damage to them. This is balanced through mana and cooldowns.

Rennal excels at providing support to his team through a variety of buffs and debuffs and has depth of play due to Elementalism.

Appearance:

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140 lbs

Rennal is a 17 year old male with white hair. He has round glasses and wears casual Demacian clothing (long sleeve shirt and long pants) under a navy cloak that goes over his shoulders. He carries a brown spell tome in his left hand and his right hand glows with the color of his current Elementalism buff (Fire - red, Water - blue, Earth - yellow, Fury - white).

His appearance is in the general vicinity of that of Soren from the Fire Emblem series.

(Mind you, he'd have shorter white hair and be wearing glasses. However, I am no artist and sadly cannot draw my own art. I merely google searched for some art and this came surprisingly close to what I had in mind)

Rennal's auto attack projectile changes based on his current Elementalism buff:
    - Fire: Fireball
    - Water: Small jet of water
    - Earth: Rocks
    - Fury: combination of all 3

Voice:

Rennal carries a weak but confident tone. His voice is that of a "matured" teenager.

Selection:
    - Another chance to learn.

Movement/Attacking:
    -I'm going.
    -I will show you my power!
    -Don't underestimate me.
    -Books have taught me much.

with Fire Elementalism:
    -They will feel my power!
    -Fire is power.
    -They will burn.

with Water Elementalism:
    -Like a flowing stream.
    -Water is forceful.
    -I will wash them away.

with Earth Elementalism:
    -Rock on.
    -Earth is enduring.
    -They are weak.

Jokes:
    - All: *opens his book then looks up after a second* (jokingly) "I can't read!"
    - Fire: "Don't worry, my books are fireproof." *book catches on fire then he puts it out*
    - Water: "I've only dropped this one in a puddle twice."
    - Earth: "I've also read stone tablets. They weren't very useful."

Taunts:
    - All: "I will show you why knowledge is power!"
    - Fire: "Come too close and you'll get burned."
    - Water: "Water is a force you shouldn't underestimate."
    - Earth: "It'll hurt when your face hits the ground."

let me know if you find any formatting errors due to the transfer.

Edit Log:
    1. Made the post.
    2. Upped the numbers on Elemental Fury secondary effects
    3. Added in notes to E. Clarified passive and minor format edits
    4. Added notes to W for clarity of the mechanic
    5. Minor formatting edits and notes on Q
    6. Adjusted duration and debuff scaling on Q, +2 base damage at all ranks of Fire Elementalism, reduced ratio on R to 0.5*AP and damage reduction on Fury - Earth to 10%
    7. Changed E name to "Mud Shield", adjusted scaling on the shield, and added ratio to passive heal.
    8. minor balance edits
    9. adjusted W damage and normalized Q damage taken debuff
    10. Reworked W to be less of a wall and more of a quick control skill or initiate. Reworked scaling on E - need feedback on this.
    11. minor tweaks to armor/lvl and Q ap ratio and cd
    2/18 - copied over to this forum. Nerfed W range to 600, increased cooldown to 20 at all ranks, increased mana cost.

Last edited by Zarkof on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total
    Void22

Re: Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm

Post by Void22 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:07 am

Interesting. Hmm. The lore is not the best, but it will work.

The passive is an interesting one. It will certainly help separate the wheat from the chaff.

The Q is an excellent ability, and invaluable for a support. My one question is whether is not the first part of his elementalism is a DoT or a burst.

The W is a creative and fun ability, all the more so because it is a vector. As for the mechanic, its far less original now that we have Thresh, but I think that it's still perfectly viable.

The E is fine conceptually, but I'm a little puzzled as to why the attack block lasts longer then the resist buff. I'd personally switch the times, but that's just me.

The R seems fine, and very well suited for his role. One question though; one the third level, it utilizes all three of these effects?

All in all, a creative and thoughtfully made support. Well done.

Also, if you could take a moment to look at my champion, Moros, The Aspect of Doom, I would be very grateful.
    Zarkof

Post by Zarkof on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:49 am

Q: The flat damage is inital on hit, and the % hp is the DoT.

W: Originally, it was simply a vector displacer with a consistent knockback effect if enemies ran into the wall, and it had no allied effect and the wall/knockback length scaled up with rank. The changes I made to the spell were to make the cast distance and effect length shorter and static, up the mana cost, make the cooldown longer and static, made it only knockback once, and then added in the allied effect. This change happened after Thresh was released and someone had mentioned earlier about having allies be able to use the displacer effect as well. I originally felt like a group allied displacer is too much and, thinking on it now, I will probably limit the effect to the first allied champion to use the geyser, which would then end the effect.

E: I was trying to balance the block duration based on Janna's shield and the MR based on Soraka's heal. I guess I should probably bring down the block duration and only have it block twice. There are some champion abilities that do not scale with stats and I guess this could be one of them. I might lower the cooldown and nerf the MR a bit though since its capabilities to block attacks would be lower.

R: It will utilize 1 effect at rank 1, 2 effects at rank 2, and 3 at rank 3.

...what happened to the picture? >.> must fix.

I don't generally do review trades, especially when they are thrust upon me, but I will make a note of it.
    Void22

Post by Void22 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Thrust upon you? I'm sorry that it seemed that way, it was certainly not my intent. Please tell me what I did wrong, and I will endeavor to change it in the future.
    Zarkof

Post by Zarkof on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Well, it's not so much what you did wrong as it is that I don't like review trading that I didn't ask for. It's slightly imposing, imo, to put up your champion name on someone else's thread unless they specifically designated it for review trading. Your wording also made it seem like you were more interested in someone looking at your champion rather than getting my personal opinion on your concept. That made it seem a bit more impersonal to me.
    Void22

Post by Void22 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 am

Oh. I apologize. I will try my best to avoid doing so in the future. Thank you for the advice.

Prevostfast

Held in Southern African-american

Post by Prevostfast on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:18 am

Held in Southern African-american, this will be the first time the worldwide competition will be organised by a nation in the Confederation of Africa Soccer, making the Oceania Soccer Confederation the only FIFA confederation yet to variety. There have been many speculation distributing over whether or not the competition would be shifted from Southern African-american due to some FIFA professionals showing issues with respect to the company, preparing and speed of the arrangements, though FIFA associates have been highly doubting it.
    Cheap FUT Coins
    Buy FUT Coins

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:52 am