Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

4 posters

CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno "Updated"

Kassadin
    Kassadin

CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno "Updated" Empty CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno "Updated"

Post by Kassadin Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Cryoflame, The Frozen Inferno

Roles: Melee AP
    Cryoflame is a melee AP who can switch between two stances, one being high damage over time, the other being a high CC stance. Cryoflame starts off using his FlareCore. (fire stance)

Appearance: Simmilar to the Cryocore brand skin, but more cybernetic, and changes color from red / blue on core swap. Also his head is on fire in FlareCore stance, or frozen in a block of ice in CryoCore stance. Several blinking lights and robotic looking equipment all over his arm and chest. (core is displayed on his chest, glowing red / white depending on stance) left arm is a missle cannon, right arm is a metalic hand.

--------------------------------------------
    Lore:
    Before all of the cybernitic changes, Leon was just a simple engineer working for Zaun, who got the attention of Viktor. Who decided to hire Leon for some further improvements to his machines. The contract was high paying so Leon thought this would be a great opprotunity to take.

After several days of normal tests, Viktor offered him a greater job of actually becoming a test subject for one of his works. Leon thought this was going to far and refused to become part of his machine revolution and stormed out of the lab.

Upon arriving home, he realized his mistake. The whole place was destroyed, and his family missing. Only thing standing was a strange device siting on the rubble, Upon further examination it was a simple message reviever. The only thing it said was "join the evolution, and everything will be set right."

Leon was outraged by this and rushed back to Viktor's lab. Upon entering he realized it was a trap, a mechanical arm came out of the wall and restrained him against the wall. Soon after Viktor entered the room and told him "If you really want them to go free, Join the evolution" Leon was in no position to refuse this. So all he could say was let them free first. Viktor accepted this and let Leon's family free, But not Leon. After a few minutes, Leon lost sight of everything, and became part of Viktor's machine army.
    Abilites:

Passive: Ice shatter: Cryoflame's basic attacks deal 25% of his bonus AP in magic damage to targets affected by CryoFreeze while FlareCore is active. While in CryoCore adds an additional 15% slow to his basic attacks if the target is affected by Flame Ignition.

Q: Blazing Smash / Frozen Fist: 8 second cooldown.
    70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 115 mana cost

Molten Fist: Cryoflame slams his current target firing off a 400 range AoE behind his target, dealing 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 85 (5% AP) magic damage per stack of Flame Ignition.

Frozen Fist: Cryoflame slams his current target shattering his CryoFreeze stacks on the target, doubling the strength of the slow, and dealing 30 / 50 / 80 / 110 / 140 (40% AP) per stack.

---------------------------------------------

W: Inferno Cannon / Crystal Rockets: 8 second cooldown

Inferno Cannon: Cryoflame fires off a burst of fire from his cannon arm, dealing 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 / 210 (60% AP) and applying 1 stack of flame ignition to targets hit. Enemies affected by Cryofreeze are also stunned for .4 seconds per stack.

Crystal Rockets: CryoFlame fires a frozen missle from his cannon arm, dealing 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 (50% AP) and applying 1 stack of cryofreeze. Can be cast 3 times before going on cooldown.

E: Burning Rush / Frozen Spikes: 24 / 22 / 20 / 18 / 14 second cooldown
    80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana cost

Burning Rush: Cryoflame gains 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 60% increased movement speed that decays over 5 seconds and leaves a trail of fire behind him dealing 60 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 magic damage per second to all enemies and applies 1 stack of Flame Ignition per second to enemies who stand in the trail.

Frozen Spikes: Cryoflame stomps on the ground creating a ring of frozen spikes. after a 1 second delay, the spikes move into CryoFlame and drag all enemies on the trail to him and dealing 40 / 60 / 75 / 85 / 100 magic damage and applies 1 stack of CryoFreeze.

R: Core Swap: Cryoflame switches his current core to the currently innactive one.
    5 second cooldown.

CryoCore: Cryoflame's basic attacks affect the target with Cryofreeze, slowing the targets movement speed by 10% / 15% / 20% stacking up to 3 times.

FlareCore: Cryoflame's basic attacks ignite the target with Flame Ignition dealing 2% / 4% / 6% of the targets maximum health in magic damage over 2 seconds, this effect stacks up to 3 times.

---Changes
    - Reworked him into a proper stance champion like Jayce / Elise
    - Defined passive a bit more
    - Flame ignition and Cryofreeze now scale off of his ultimates level.

Last edited by Kassadin on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 6 times in total
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno "Updated" Empty Re: CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno "Updated"

Post by MynxTheOrigin Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Hm. I see you have some into him. You asked me for art, correct? Which mode?
    Kassadin
    Kassadin

CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno "Updated" Empty Re: CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno "Updated"

Post by Kassadin Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Well both stances look relatively the same, just a change in color. (dark blue for ice stance, red for fire). But before he starts off in any stance he is supposed to be a blackish, light grey color to signal he hasn't entered any stance yet. So I guess you could try the no stance one.
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:19 am

Alright. It might take a while since I need to find my pencil. Razz
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Found me a pencil. I'm gonna draw his face, okay?
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:28 pm

I can't seem to post it. Sad

CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno "Updated" Photo%20on%202013-04-10%20at%2010
    Meherok
    Meherok

Post by Meherok Thu May 30, 2013 9:20 am

Like the idea behind the character. Multi-stance champs always have really good potential for interesting mechanics. But, alas, on to the reviewing!

Passive
    Couple issues with this one. The overall concept is solid, but the interaction is gonna be problematic when you look at his Q.

Ice shatter: Cryoflame's basic attacks deal 25% bonus magic
    damage to targets affected by CryoFreeze while FlareCore is active.
    When you say that, do you mean his attack itself, (being his base AD+Bonus AD,) receives 25% of its damage on hit as bonus magic damage, or do you mean that the Flame Ignition from his Q deals an additional 25%? (It's not gonna make a terribly large difference on my assessment, but it's a good thing to know which exactly is being referred to.)

Q
    Q: Core Swap: Cryoflame switches his current core to the currently
    innactive one. 14 / 11 / 8 / 6 / 5 second cooldown. no cost

CryoCore: Cryoflame's basic attacks affect the target with Cryofreeze,
    slowing the target by 10% stacking up to 3 times.

FlareCore: Cryoflame's basic attacks ignite the target with Flame
    Ignition dealing 100 / 130 / 150 / 175 / 200 magic damage over 2
    seconds, this effect stacks up to 3 times.

Alright, so the problems I see here is that firstly, you're gonna need to list how long that slow from his CryoCore will last. The duration on that will have a huge impact on when people want to swap, and how valuable it'll be do to so.

Secondly, you won't be able to really benefit from his passive much during early game with such a long cooldown on it. Getting extra damage for, (presumably,) a 2 or 3 seconds, or a small boost to his slow for the one hit you'll manage to land while Flame Ignition is still on the target is pretty small when it can only happen every 14 seconds. Especially since your opponent will likely have some manner of escape and/or CC to prevent damage to themselves, while allowing them to apply it to you. Also, putting long cooldowns on stance swapping is generally a bad idea, because when you really need that other skill, you won't be able to get to it a lot of the time. Overall suggestion would be to lower the cooldown in general, at all ranks. That way it'll be more useful early game for laning, and late game when those teamfights start rolling around and you really need to have the ability to swap on the fly.

Lastly, the damage on your FlareCore is pretty ridiculously high for early game, especially since it stacks. 50 damage a second, increasing to 150 damage, is enough to kill your enemy in only a few seconds that early on, without even including how much damage he gets from the base attack. At the same time, 300 damage a second might be a little overkill late game, when coupled with his W, (although this one I'm not positive on, just one of those "maybe" things to consider.) Either way, the damage output on FlareCore needs some serious reduction early game, or you'll just blow up anyone you get in auto attack range of.

W
    Molten / Frozen Fist: 14 / 12 / 10 / 8 / 6 / 4 second cooldown.
    70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 115 mana cost

This one looks pretty good; Gives him a little burst/CC early with consistent damage for late game. But why is there 6 ranks on his cooldowns and mana, while there's only 5 ranks to the damage? (Or moreover, why is there 6 ranks at all?)

The only thing I'd change would be that his mana costs are a bit high. For the output you're getting from it, you could get away with reducing his mana costs by a fair chunk. Otherwise you'll end up with some problems early game for sustain if you trade blows with it.

E
    Flaming Dash / Frozen Spikes: 24 / 22 / 20 / 18 / 14 second cooldown
    80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana cost

Definitely my favorite skill of his, primarily for that AoE pull. I get an image in my head of an ice-themed Jarvan ult that explodes out of the ground, then after a second, rakes in all the enemies. Just the description gives a pretty sweet aesthetic. :P

For what it does though, it's unecessary to have a cooldown quite that high. 18-22 seconds would do it fine at early ranks, me thinks. You'll only get the chance to use it once per fight either way, but at least this way you'll have it up a little faster for those chase/escape situations. The 14 seconds is an adequate minimal last rank though, so I wouldn't reduce that any lower.

Again, the mana doesn't really need to be that high, and you're just gonna suck his early sustain completely away with it. Since it's a utility skill, it doesn't need to scale much, if at all. You could even put just a single mana cost for all ranks, so that early game is the only time you really need to worry about how often you use it, and late game, you won't have to worry about your only utility spell being down due to lack of mana.

R
    Power of the CryoCore / FlareCore: Cryoflame unleashes the ultimate
    power of his current core. 130 / 120 / 110 second cooldown.
    120 / 150 / 180 mana cost.

FlareCore: Cryoflame raises the heat levels of the world within 1000
    range of him, dealing constant damage over time based on his Flame
    Ignition stacks on each target, and gaining 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 bonus armor
    and magic resist. lasts 8 seconds, can be canceled mid use to instead
    deal all the remaining damage to the targets at once, but removes the
    armor and resist buff.

CryoCore: Cryoflame fires off a barage of frozen missles in a cone infront of him, slowing any target hit by 55% for 4 seconds, Cryoflame then fires off 2 Frozen Grenades, stunning the targets hit for 1 seconds and dealing 150 / 200 / 250 magic damage on hit. The same target cannot be hit by both Frozen Grenades.

One quick thing before I move on to the rest: Why does he have a 4th rank in his bonus Armor/Magic Resist, when the skill only has 3 ranks? (At least, I'm assuming it only has 3, since it's cooldown/mana only show for 3.)

A list of information you should include for this skill:
    1. How much damage a second he deals in his FlareCore, and how it scales with stacks of Flame Ignition.
    2. How much damage he would deal total for the full duration of his FlareCore version, including how it changes with stacks of Flame Ignition.
    3. Rather or not his damage for his FlareCore version changes based on rank. ---More of a question of clarification, but if it doesn't, it really should, or it will either be overpowered early game, or underpowered late game, if it can't scale. Unless it's % based or something of that nature.---
    4. Length of the cone in his CryoCore version, (and if you can, the width, although I know this is more difficult.)
    5. What exactly the Frozen Grenades use for targeting; (Skillshot, instant acquisition, etc.)

Besides those things, I only have three real suggestions for the skill.
    1. Since it's not a global ult, the cooldown is unecessarily high, and could do with some lowering at 2nd and 3rd rank, to make it more available for teamfights.
    2. You should include an AP scaling for his CryoCore versions damage. Just cause it's got a lot of CC doesn't mean that it has to skimp out on scaling well for damage. (Sejuani's Ult being a good example.)
    3. The mana could be lowered without issue, if you so desired to lower it. Honestly, mana on ults rarely even needs to scale, as ones like these are usually one-hit wonders and are made for clutch gameplay. Restricting them with high mana costs serves little other than to harm your sustain without a particularly good reason. (With some ults being an exception to this, but it's a good base rule, I believe.)

Summary
    Apart from everything I listed, I like the champ. He'd fit well into the bruiser/AP DPS line of play, depending on how people build him and what stance they prefer. If played right, he would be one of the most valuable kind of champs to have on a team, because his skillset allows for some serious CC and area denial/domination. Like Amumu, but not so "ult and sit around" kind of play. :P
    Kassadin
    Kassadin

Post by Kassadin Thu May 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Sorry about the extra rank errors, I recently reworked his abilities a bit where the old version had his ult as the stance swapping, and had no extra ranks to it. (think old Karma). I fixed it.
    Meherok
    Meherok

Post by Meherok Thu May 30, 2013 4:46 pm

No need to apologize to me. It's your creation, I'm just the critic who gets to be despised. Razz
    Siyanor

Post by Siyanor Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:56 am

Just something I noticed looking at it briefly:

The best build for him is 5 Nashor's Tooths and Sorc Boots in FlareCore mode, hands down, no questions asked.
    Kassadin
    Kassadin

Post by Kassadin Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:24 am

Finished updating this concept, Going to post the new version with the rest sometime tommorow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 am