Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

2 posters

Can Your Sanity Handle the Pressure? Dementia, The Lord of Madness

Void22
    Void22

Can Your Sanity Handle the Pressure? Dementia, The Lord of Madness Empty Can Your Sanity Handle the Pressure? Dementia, The Lord of Madness

Post by Void22 Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:00 pm

I freely give up my legal rights to this idea and give Riot Games permission to use this idea or any derivatives of it.

Role: AP caster, Ranged.

Stats: Health: Medium
    AD: Very Low
    AP: Very High
    Difficulty: Medium

Appearance: A blond, handsome guy around twenty three. His hair should be short, eyes blue. He wears a black robe that shimmers every so often with a myriad of colors. He floats a few inches off the ground at all times.

Voice: A deeper male voice, smooth and cultured. However, his voice will change near the middle of certain lines, becoming innumerable voices of every tone, pitch and gender. In his quotes these parts will be italicized.

Lore: There are many realms and dimensions in this universe. The only two known to humans are Runterra and the Void. Yet they are about to discover one more. There is a dimension so horrific that even creature of the Void fear it. A place that will shatter the mind of any who enters it. This is the Plane of Madness, a realm of impossibilities and untold horrors, things that defy sanity by their very existence. The lord of this dread realm is the being known as Dementia. He is a being of tremendous power and impossibility, so much so that he must keep his true form shrouded in a cloak at all times, lest he break reality itself. Eons ago, a race of beings know as the Santari unknowingly opened a gate to this realm. Horrors poured out, and threatened to wipe out the universe. The Santari, knowing themselves responsible, took it open themselves to close the gate, no matter the cost. The entire race gave their lives in a massive spell that sealed the gate permanently. The Seal of Sanity, as it was called, could only be broken from the outside. Such a spell would insure that the Plane of Madness remained separate. Or so they thought. Dementia was not so easily bound. For years he worked at the Seal, weakening it, corrupting it until one day, for a brief moment, it fractured. In that instant of weakness, Dementia projected an aspect of himself out into the world of Runeterra. Its goal: to break the Seal. The creature took on a normal appearance in order to cloak itself from those who would stop it. It learned of a place where beings of great power were gathered and made its way there slowly. It hoped that perhaps it could find allies, or dupes, to aid its mission. And so it was. The summoners are unsure of exactly what Dementia is and he is more than happy to keep it that way. While his disturbing presence has made him unpopular, he still does his work on the Field of Justice, always waiting for the time when he can break the Seal, and let madness rule all.

Abilities: Now, I don't know if these are any good or if they're balanced. Feel free to comment and give feedback.

Passive: Seeping Madness: Enemies that attack Dementia gain a stack of Seeping Madness. At 4 stacks they are feared for 1 second and become immune to this effect for ten seconds. Stacks last for 4 seconds.

Q: Twisted Flames: Dementia unleashes a cone of multicolored flames that damages all enemies within for 50/75/100/125/150 (+.4ap) and then burns them over 5 seconds for 50/75/100/125/150 (+.4ap) magic damage. Enemies killed by either part of the attack spawn a gibbering demon that lasts for 5 seconds. These creatures are uncontrollable and will focus whatever is attacking Dementia at the moment, prioritizing champions. 14/13/12/11/10 second cooldown . The demons have 200 (+30 per champion level) health, take reduced damage from spells and have ad equal to 25% of Dementia's AP plus 50. At max there can only be 1/2/3/4/5 demons on the field at once. Will be a cone about the size of Mordkaiser's Siphon of destruction, except a bit wider and longer.

W: Mad Dash: Dementia dashes, passing through enemies and dealing 60/100/140/170/210 (+.4p) magic damage. This fears the first enemy champion hit for .75 seconds. 14/13/12/11/10 second cooldown. Will be a dash equal to Renekton's Slice and Dice combined.

E: Tear Reality: Dementia creates a rip in the dimensional fabric of Runterra allowing the power of the Plane of Madness to seep through. This creates a zone for 5 seconds that deals 30/45/60/75/90 (+.25ap) per second and applies a stack of Growing Insanity every second to enemies within. At three stacks enemies are feared for 1 second. 22/20/18/16/14 second cooldown. About the size and range of Malzahar's Null Field.

R: Lord of Madness: Dementia assumes his true form empowering his abilities for 10 seconds. For the duration of this ability he may activate Sanity's Despair once. The cooldown begins after the ability has ended.

Twisted Flames: The target will take 8% increased damage from allied champions while the flames burn.
    Mad Dash: The fear now lasts 1.25 seconds.
    Reality Tear: Stacks of Growing Insanity are applied every .5 seconds now. The fear can only be processed once.

Sanity's Despair: Dementia channels for 1.5 seconds. After that he unleashes a blast of absolute madness at the target location that deals 250/350/450 (+.6ap) and fears all enemies in the area for 2 seconds. This will have about the range and size of Malzahar's null field. 120/90/60 second cooldown.

Quotes: Please see the note to his voice at the top of the page.

Selection: " Let the madness begin.

Moving: "A change in location."
    "You test my patience Summoner, and your sanity."
    "To break the Seal"
    "For madness"
    "Let madness flow."

Attacking: shoots a bolt of multicolored flame form his hand. A crit can be from both hands. "Broken bodies, Shattered minds."
    "I will break them."
    "a curse in an alien tongue"

Ultimate: I break free.
    Madness unleashed.

Sanity's Despair:Feel your mind break, your sanity slip away.

He will gain new dialogue while in his true form.

Movement: Let the madness spread.
    I cannot be contained.
    Gibberish

Attacking: I will relieve you of your sanity.
    I shall grant you the gift of madness.

Joke: "I'm not really mad, just a genius"
    "They also said Washington was mad, and look what he did."
    "Is that a cursor hovering in the air in front of me, or am I just mad?"

Taunt: "And they say I'm mad?! Just look you!"
    "Madness isn't all bad. You want to try some?"

Laugh: Most of the time a quite chuckle. Occasionally he will give a mad cackle that changes to his true voices in the middle.

Death: He falls through a dimensional rift and vanishes.

Dance:I would imagine it to be something like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJVAYrk22tU

http://images.khinsider.com/Kingdom%20Hearts%20Birth%20by%20Sleep/Renders/Main%20Characters/Character05%20-%20Mysterious%20Figure01.png

Dementia would look like that except the hood would be down and he would have blonde hair and blue eyes.

His true form would look something like this:http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/c78cc8cd5f5916b23cd8c7526912dcf6/https://2img.net/h/i101.photobucket.com/albums/m46/ice_demon_hiro/hastur-500x375.png

Last edited by Void22 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Can Your Sanity Handle the Pressure? Dementia, The Lord of Madness Empty Re: Can Your Sanity Handle the Pressure? Dementia, The Lord of Madness

Post by MynxTheOrigin Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:48 am

I wasn't able to check the links for his dance and such, but the only real issue I saw was the DoT of his E. I think reducing the growth to 15 per level sounds more reasonable and with .25 per AP. Other than that, sounds fun. Smile
    Void22
    Void22

Can Your Sanity Handle the Pressure? Dementia, The Lord of Madness Empty Re: Can Your Sanity Handle the Pressure? Dementia, The Lord of Madness

Post by Void22 Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Alrighty then. Thanks for the feed back.
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 am

Glad to help. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm