Champcrafter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to let loose your LoL champcrafting creativity!

4 posters

Out of curiousity...

MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Out of curiousity... Empty Out of curiousity...

Post by MynxTheOrigin Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Are there any Rioters on these forums? I just thought it would be cool if Riot somehow officially supported this site.
    ploki122
    ploki122

Out of curiousity... Empty Re: Out of curiousity...

Post by ploki122 Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Officially, no.
    Subscribed, maybe.
    Visiting, probably.

Basically, they are interested in our (the whole community's, including the we need a duck topic) ideas, no matter what people say, so they will look for them.

As for a stance, I don't think that officially supporting this forum would do any good... it may even harm. Officially acknowledging is another matter tho. So having a Rioter subscribe and say "Hey! Nice shit!" could work from my point of view, having anything more depends on everyone's point of view (and would probably never happen for the same reason they don't post in the CCF).
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:56 pm

ploki122 wrote:Officially, no.
    Subscribed, maybe.
    Visiting, probably.

Basically, they are interested in our (the whole community's, including the we need a duck topic) ideas, no matter what people say, so they will look for them.

As for a stance, I don't think that officially supporting this forum would do any good... it may even harm. Officially acknowledging is another matter tho. So having a Rioter subscribe and say "Hey! Nice shit!" could work from my point of view, having anything more depends on everyone's point of view (and would probably never happen for the same reason they don't post in the CCF).

I see what you're saying. But yeah. I was wondering that due to Riot's reciprocal relationship with it's fans, kinda like Hasbro does with Bronies. Smile
    ploki122
    ploki122

Post by ploki122 Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:05 am

Well, just to make sure everyone understand my point correctly, I feel the need to develop more...

Basically, it's not that Devs don't look at the CCF. It's not that they don' like what they see, or whatever like that... it's that they understand VERY well the "3 law of Riewton"...

What those laws say is that :
    1.Law of inertia wrote:Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.
    Basically, if a forum goes smoothly, and the it is left alone, it will keep on going as smoothly until a force (special events) is applied onto it. Those events includes but aren't limited to : Red posts, Events linked with that forum and Forum merging.

2.Law of force wrote:The relationship between an object's mass m, its acceleration a, and the applied force F is F = ma. Acceleration and force are vectors (as indicated by their symbols being displayed in slant bold font); in this law the direction of the force vector is the same as the direction of the acceleration vector.
    Basically, once you push onto a forum, the result will be greater than the force applied every single time (don't think this also applies to the law of Motion, this one is pure bullshit). Or basically, if a Red Post into a Forum, it will snowball into a bigger motion, also sometimes called "sheeping". The more interaction they engage in, the bigger the force gets, exponentially, based on the size of the receiving forum. If 2 Rioters were to post in the CCF, it would create a smaller wave than if 2 posted in the GD (in flat size, not proportion, it's still bigger in proportion).

3.Law of reaction wrote:For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
    This is the forum's law of gravity... Basically, since there is a fixed number of player reading through the forum at anytime, the more go into 1 thread, the less there are elsewhere. So if, let's say, RiotNate (perfect example since his posts are real, old and he renamed himself, so forum searching for him shouldn't work Razz) posts in a friend's thread. He look through the champion and comment something along the lines of "Nice champion. I like the concept. Q feels a bit strong."

First thing that happens, the crafter nerfs Q's number, because RIOT said so... unfortunately, Nate is a Global Network Ops Manager, taking his designing advices as holy words is like taking Griftix' tips as Challenger Support cues... It's simply a huge overestimation of their actual worth... you shouldn't look at the words but at the reasoning...

Second thing that happens, it appears as "containing a Red Post". Peoples click on the Riot Icon, skip to Jeongal's post, read pretty much only the "Q feels a bit strong". They go to the top of the first page, look at the Q, give their opinion about the Q (and a bit about the whole concept since they feel cheap talking only about the Q... they aren't sheeps after all, they came in that thread of their own free will). This results in a lot of feedback for his Q, and little to nothing for the rest (even sometimes false positives because they just rambled about the things they didn't really read).

Third thing that happens, it appears in the Red Tracker. People from outside the CCF jumps into the forum, read his post, try to see what he really means by "Nice champion. I like the concept. Q feels a bit strong." Try guessing if he isn't maybe hinting at the next champion (which he hasn't got the slightest clue what it will be). Ends up reading the initial post, reply about how bad it is since it lacks X/Y/Z (usually, GD peoples are pretty straight forward and look more at flaws than successes, since they're used to trolls... no blame there).

Fourth thing that happens, the post with a Red reply stays at the top more easily than others, meaning that everyone ends up seeing that there was a red answer. What this create is a desire for more... Everyone wants a Nate to look at their champion, crafters spam Nate's friend's thread so that Nate looks at their thread, others simply overbump their thread, hoping for anyone's views (since the first one got a red reply, bumping is the solution...). In short, we end up with even more self-centered designers, even more bumps and even more rOIT wHERE threads and "I created a woman who fistfights so Vi is my champion; give me Vi (although they obviously didn't use the semicolon).

Fourpointfifth (or fourthpointfive? fourandahalfth?) thing that happens is that other threads, who could actually be way better, are ignored because there aren't any red posts in there... simply because Reds didn't happen to look through that one.

That was physics applied to Forums and red posts... basically, they don't reply in CCF because they can't go through everything there's in there...
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 am

Very nicely put.
    Icraig33
    Icraig33
    Admin

Post by Icraig33 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:59 am

MynxTheOrigin wrote:
    Subscribed, maybe.
    Visiting, probably.

I see what you're saying. But yeah. I was wondering that due to Riot's reciprocal relationship with it's fans, kinda like Hasbro does with Bronies. Smile

dood, Hasbro has been kind of a dick recently when it comes to us bronies. They better make up for it with S4.

back on topic, like ploki said, They are most likely to just visit if anything. I'd rather have people joining because they want to make creative stuff rather than "Hay! A red visited this and said it was legit! I should definitely join now!", followed by making an account and then forgetting the site even exists
    MynxTheOrigin
    MynxTheOrigin

Post by MynxTheOrigin Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Icraig33 wrote:
    MynxTheOrigin wrote:
    Subscribed, maybe.
    Visiting, probably.

dood, Hasbro has been kind of a dick recently when it comes to us bronies. They better make up for it with S4.

back on topic, like ploki said, They are most likely to just visit if anything. I'd rather have people joining because they want to make creative stuff rather than "Hay! A red visited this and said it was legit! I should definitely join now!", followed by making an account and then forgetting the site even exists

They have been, yeah. I would also hate to see that happen.
    Bliztron
    Bliztron

Post by Bliztron Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Visiting is what some may do. I doubt we will recieve any actual conversation or support from Rioters. If anything, a Rioter might create an account and not call himself or herself a Rioter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm